Charity box thieves strike again
THIEVES have targeted two more charity boxes at two local businesses. They stole several money boxes, including a Poppy Appeal box, in a raid on Hill View Farm shop near Bassingbourn. Two boxes were also taken from Cam Valley Orchards, near Meldreth. Last
THIEVES have targeted two more charity boxes at two local businesses.
They stole several money boxes, including a Poppy Appeal box, in a raid on Hill View Farm shop near Bassingbourn.
Two boxes were also taken from Cam Valley Orchards, near Meldreth.
Last week The Crow reported that a Remembrance Day collection box, and other items, were stolen from Huffer's Farm Shop in Steeple Morden.
You may also want to watch:
Brenda Standen, owner of Hill View Farm, said: "These people really are the lowest of the low.
"I don't know how much cash there was in there, but I'd seen a few £10 notes go into the Poppy Appeal box, so it would have been a fair bit.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
"I've ended up giving a donation to the British Legion, and to one of the cancer charities, because I felt so bad that they wouldn't be getting their money."
Patrick Parkinson, chairman of the Melbourn and Meldreth branch of the Royal British Legion, said: "The evidence of the low lives that fester deep within our society has once again come to the fore.
"Brenda Standen is a loyal and keen supporter of the Poppy Appeal who was, needless to say, very upset by this heartless theft."
Raiders also struck at Cam Valley Orchards, in Meldreth, taking money from two collection boxes.
Owner Nicky Elbourn said: "They smashed the boxes and took the money.
"Presumably they think it's a good week because of all the poppy collections."
Anyone with information on any of these incidents should contact Cambridgeshire Police on 0845 456 4564, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.