Changes to South Cambridgeshire District Council cabinet
A CONTROVERSIAL housing boss has retained his post in a shake up at South Cambridgeshire district council. The district council s cabinet decided to make changes to their set up at a meeting on Thursday. But Cllr Mark Howell will continue in the role of p
A CONTROVERSIAL housing boss has retained his post in a shake up at South Cambridgeshire district council.
The district council's cabinet decided to make changes to their set up at a meeting on Thursday.
But Cllr Mark Howell will continue in the role of portfolio holder for housing, despite three Melbourn residents submitting a complaint about his conduct at a meeting held last year to discuss changes to a sheltered housing wardens scheme.
The new look executive, which takes effect immediately, sees Cllr Sue Ellington return to the role of portfolio holder for Environmental Services, while a new post, portfolio holder for the proposed eco-town at Northstowe, has been created and will be filled by Cllr Tim Wotherspoon.
You may also want to watch:
District council leader, Cllr Ray Manning, said: "Although we are still in the midst of the recession, and work on new developments is slow, our officers have been working with partners to move things forward.
"With the positive news that Northstowe could be included in the next wave of eco-towns, and benefit from the funding that comes with that status, I want us to be in the right position to drive the development of the new town."
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 4 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 10 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
A full list of changes to the cabinet can be found at www.scambs.gov.uk.