Chance to watch sculptor at work
SCULPTOR Paul Bainbridge is opening his studio and inviting people to watch him work on his latest piece. Paul is currently working on a sculpture of Steve Parrish, a former motorbike racer who now co-presents the BBC s coverage of Moto GP. I met St
SCULPTOR Paul Bainbridge is opening his studio and inviting people to watch him work on his latest piece.
Paul is currently working on a sculpture of Steve Parrish, a former motorbike racer who now co-presents the BBC's coverage of Moto GP.
"I met Steve when I spent a weekend watching the Moto GP at Donnington Park," said Paul.
"As part of the package he was one of our dinner guests, and I got chatting to him and asked if he would mind me doing a portrait."
You may also want to watch:
Steve, who is based in Croydon, visited Paul recently to check on his progress.
Paul said: "He came up here and was quite pleased with what I've been doing.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
"In fact, I took a few more photographs which should let me improve the sculpture further."
The open studio takes place over the weekends of September 13-14, and September 20-21. Guests can visit anytime between 10am-4pm.
n Paul's studio is located at New Lodge Farm, near Slip End, just off the A505.