Chance to hit high notes!
THE Royston Choral Society is running a workshop day as part of the Royston Arts Festival. The day at Greneway School, Royston, is for society members and any singers who would like to take part in the event. Society press officer Elizabeth Spain said the
THE Royston Choral Society is running a workshop day as part of the Royston Arts Festival.
The day at Greneway School, Royston, is for society members and any singers who would like to take part in the event.
Society press officer Elizabeth Spain said the workshop would include a new piece which she described as having "lots of grunts and growls".
There will be sessions, too, of barbershop singing, songs from the shows and movements from Mozart's Requiem.
You may also want to watch:
The society will be performing Mozart's Requiem at Royston Parish Church on November 22.
The workshop will cost £8.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
The Royston Arts Society will be holding its annual show in Royston Town Hall on Saturday, September 27 and Sunday, September 28 (10am-4pm)
The Royston Photographic Society will be displaying recent work by members in Royston Parish Church on Saturday, September 27 and Sunday, September 28.
During the four-day festival a Name the Film competition will be taking place with photographic "clues" in shop windows.
THE original Crow printining press will be used for a demonstration at the Royston & District Museum on Saturday, September 27 from 10.30am-4pm.
The demonstration will be carried out by artist Elizabeth Beardwell.
Visitors will have the opportunity to print their own document.