Chance to grill MPs in Houses of Parliament
- Credit: Archant
People living in Royston are being given the opportunity to pose questions to re-elected North East Herts MP Sir Oliver Heald as part of a trip to Westminster.
The trip on June 8 has been organised by North Herts CVS – a community group serving the county – to encourage local people to engage more in politics.
Michal Siewniak, who is responsible for community development, said: “We hope that our planned activity will help to address the issue of civic engagement, enthuse residents to get involved in democratic processes, and intensify the dialogue between institutions and voters.
“Finally, we hope that it will help to build a platform for community activism.”
The trip is part of the 100-day Love Your Neighbourhood campaign. The campaign, funded by North Herts Local Strategic Partnership, will begin in June and deliver a wide range of events across neighbourhoods in Royston and Hitchin.
You may also want to watch:
Places are limited and allocated on a first come first served basis. The cost is £10 per person.
For more information or to book your place, email email@example.com or call 07825 021746.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 5 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 8 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 9 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 10 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations