Chance to grill MPs in Houses of Parliament
- Credit: Archant
People living in Royston are being given the opportunity to pose questions to re-elected North East Herts MP Sir Oliver Heald as part of a trip to Westminster.
The trip on June 8 has been organised by North Herts CVS – a community group serving the county – to encourage local people to engage more in politics.
Michal Siewniak, who is responsible for community development, said: “We hope that our planned activity will help to address the issue of civic engagement, enthuse residents to get involved in democratic processes, and intensify the dialogue between institutions and voters.
“Finally, we hope that it will help to build a platform for community activism.”
The trip is part of the 100-day Love Your Neighbourhood campaign. The campaign, funded by North Herts Local Strategic Partnership, will begin in June and deliver a wide range of events across neighbourhoods in Royston and Hitchin.
You may also want to watch:
Places are limited and allocated on a first come first served basis. The cost is £10 per person.
For more information or to book your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07825 021746.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 9 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended