Chance to grill MPs in Houses of Parliament
- Credit: Archant
People living in Royston are being given the opportunity to pose questions to re-elected North East Herts MP Sir Oliver Heald as part of a trip to Westminster.
The trip on June 8 has been organised by North Herts CVS – a community group serving the county – to encourage local people to engage more in politics.
Michal Siewniak, who is responsible for community development, said: “We hope that our planned activity will help to address the issue of civic engagement, enthuse residents to get involved in democratic processes, and intensify the dialogue between institutions and voters.
“Finally, we hope that it will help to build a platform for community activism.”
The trip is part of the 100-day Love Your Neighbourhood campaign. The campaign, funded by North Herts Local Strategic Partnership, will begin in June and deliver a wide range of events across neighbourhoods in Royston and Hitchin.
You may also want to watch:
Places are limited and allocated on a first come first served basis. The cost is £10 per person.
For more information or to book your place, email email@example.com or call 07825 021746.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash