Chance to grill MPs in Houses of Parliament
- Credit: Archant
People living in Royston are being given the opportunity to pose questions to re-elected North East Herts MP Sir Oliver Heald as part of a trip to Westminster.
The trip on June 8 has been organised by North Herts CVS – a community group serving the county – to encourage local people to engage more in politics.
Michal Siewniak, who is responsible for community development, said: “We hope that our planned activity will help to address the issue of civic engagement, enthuse residents to get involved in democratic processes, and intensify the dialogue between institutions and voters.
“Finally, we hope that it will help to build a platform for community activism.”
The trip is part of the 100-day Love Your Neighbourhood campaign. The campaign, funded by North Herts Local Strategic Partnership, will begin in June and deliver a wide range of events across neighbourhoods in Royston and Hitchin.
You may also want to watch:
Places are limited and allocated on a first come first served basis. The cost is £10 per person.
For more information or to book your place, email email@example.com or call 07825 021746.
- 1 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now