Chamber angry over blizzard’ of legislation
THE chairman of the Royston and District Chamber of Commerce has raised concerns over Government legislation s that effect the competitiveness of business. Chamber chairman Steve Larcombe is to have talks with Royston s MP Oliver Heald on the issue. He
THE chairman of the Royston and District Chamber of Commerce has raised concerns over Government legislation's that effect the competitiveness of business.
Chamber chairman Steve Larcombe is to have talks with Royston's MP Oliver Heald on the issue.
He said: "The chamber is concerned as to the serious consequences for all businesses over the regulatory blizzard that is coming out of the Government."
Mr Larcombe's concerns have arisen after fire safety duties were imposed on employers, as well as the recent introduction of asbestos control regulations.
You may also want to watch:
"These regulations, and anti-age discrimination legislation have created a formidable burden for businesses," said Mr Larcombe.
He added: "These measures act further to blunt competitiveness.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 5 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 6 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 9 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory