Celebrations at Barley Playground opening
- Credit: Archant
The village of Barley was buzzing for the grand opening of the new playground at the weekend.
MP Sir Oliver Heald was one of the many punters who took part in the official opening during Barley Show.
There was a whole host of things to keep revellers entertained, such as crafts, games, displays, competitions, stalls, refreshments, a barbecue and more.
Sam Cockrell from the Barley Playground Refurbishment Committee – a team which worked tirelessly to gain funding to carry out the work, said: “The kids have been so excited to see the work in progress and their reaction has been fantastic.
“We really couldn’t be happier and just in time too for the kids holidays, so lots of fun to be had during the summer.”
You may also want to watch:
The committee would like to thank businesses, councillors, private donors and the community for their help.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire