Celebrations at Barley Playground opening
- Credit: Archant
The village of Barley was buzzing for the grand opening of the new playground at the weekend.
MP Sir Oliver Heald was one of the many punters who took part in the official opening during Barley Show.
There was a whole host of things to keep revellers entertained, such as crafts, games, displays, competitions, stalls, refreshments, a barbecue and more.
Sam Cockrell from the Barley Playground Refurbishment Committee – a team which worked tirelessly to gain funding to carry out the work, said: “The kids have been so excited to see the work in progress and their reaction has been fantastic.
“We really couldn’t be happier and just in time too for the kids holidays, so lots of fun to be had during the summer.”
You may also want to watch:
The committee would like to thank businesses, councillors, private donors and the community for their help.
- 1 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 2 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 3 Police force welcomes plans for council to tackle parking woes
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 10 Film review: Oscar-winning Nomadland is a 'beautifully realised and affecting drama'