Celebrations at Barley Playground opening
- Credit: Archant
The village of Barley was buzzing for the grand opening of the new playground at the weekend.
MP Sir Oliver Heald was one of the many punters who took part in the official opening during Barley Show.
There was a whole host of things to keep revellers entertained, such as crafts, games, displays, competitions, stalls, refreshments, a barbecue and more.
Sam Cockrell from the Barley Playground Refurbishment Committee – a team which worked tirelessly to gain funding to carry out the work, said: “The kids have been so excited to see the work in progress and their reaction has been fantastic.
“We really couldn’t be happier and just in time too for the kids holidays, so lots of fun to be had during the summer.”
You may also want to watch:
The committee would like to thank businesses, councillors, private donors and the community for their help.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator