Celebration of firm's double award
A ROYSTON firm celebrated winning two prestigious awards at a celebration held at its headquarters. Johnson Matthey s compact soot filter triumphed in both the International Trade and the Innovation categories of the Queen s Awards for Enterprise, the wi
A ROYSTON firm celebrated winning two prestigious awards at a celebration held at its headquarters.
Johnson Matthey's compact soot filter triumphed in both the International Trade and the Innovation categories of the Queen's Awards for Enterprise, the winners of which were announced earlier this year.
The Vice Lord Lieutenant of Hertfordshire, Reverend Teddy Faure-Walker, presented both to the firms managing director for the eastern region, Dr David Prest, and Johnson Matthey's Chief Scientist, Dr Martyn Twigg.
Neil Carson, chief executive of Johnson Matthey, said: "All of us at Johnson Matthey are delighted to have been awarded Queen's Awards for Enterprise in both the International Trade and Innovation categories this year.
You may also want to watch:
"This celebration was held to recognise and thank our employees for all their hard work; it is due to their sheer dedication that the Compact Soot Filter is such a success," he said.
The event was also attended by the High Sheriff of Hertfordshire, Janie Wentworth-Stanley, the Mayor of Royston, Councillor Rod Kennedy, representatives of local, district and county councils, local businesses and academics.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 3 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 4 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?