Celebration of firm's double award
A ROYSTON firm celebrated winning two prestigious awards at a celebration held at its headquarters. Johnson Matthey s compact soot filter triumphed in both the International Trade and the Innovation categories of the Queen s Awards for Enterprise, the wi
A ROYSTON firm celebrated winning two prestigious awards at a celebration held at its headquarters.
Johnson Matthey's compact soot filter triumphed in both the International Trade and the Innovation categories of the Queen's Awards for Enterprise, the winners of which were announced earlier this year.
The Vice Lord Lieutenant of Hertfordshire, Reverend Teddy Faure-Walker, presented both to the firms managing director for the eastern region, Dr David Prest, and Johnson Matthey's Chief Scientist, Dr Martyn Twigg.
Neil Carson, chief executive of Johnson Matthey, said: "All of us at Johnson Matthey are delighted to have been awarded Queen's Awards for Enterprise in both the International Trade and Innovation categories this year.
You may also want to watch:
"This celebration was held to recognise and thank our employees for all their hard work; it is due to their sheer dedication that the Compact Soot Filter is such a success," he said.
The event was also attended by the High Sheriff of Hertfordshire, Janie Wentworth-Stanley, the Mayor of Royston, Councillor Rod Kennedy, representatives of local, district and county councils, local businesses and academics.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 4 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 5 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 6 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn