Cave opened as Christmas treat for just one day
- Credit: Archant
Royston Cave will once again be opened for a special Christmas candlelight display on Saturday.
The Melbourn Street landmark will be open between 10.30am and 1pm, and costs £2.50 for adults and 50p for children.
You don’t need to book in advance – just turn up on the day and pay the guide at the door.
The age of Royston cave, a man-made cavern in the shape of a beehive, is still a mystery.
It is known for its extensive wall carvings of saints such as St Katherine, St Laurence and St Christopher. Other figures have been interpreted as pagan symbols.
You may also want to watch:
Find out more by visiting www.roystoncave.co.uk.
- 1 Woman in her 50s killed in crash between Melbourn and Royston
- 2 Road closed after 'serious' crash on A10
- 3 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 4 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 8 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 9 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire