Cave opened as Christmas treat for just one day
- Credit: Archant
Royston Cave will once again be opened for a special Christmas candlelight display on Saturday.
The Melbourn Street landmark will be open between 10.30am and 1pm, and costs £2.50 for adults and 50p for children.
You don’t need to book in advance – just turn up on the day and pay the guide at the door.
The age of Royston cave, a man-made cavern in the shape of a beehive, is still a mystery.
It is known for its extensive wall carvings of saints such as St Katherine, St Laurence and St Christopher. Other figures have been interpreted as pagan symbols.
You may also want to watch:
Find out more by visiting www.roystoncave.co.uk.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash