Cave opened as Christmas treat for just one day
- Credit: Archant
Royston Cave will once again be opened for a special Christmas candlelight display on Saturday.
The Melbourn Street landmark will be open between 10.30am and 1pm, and costs £2.50 for adults and 50p for children.
You don’t need to book in advance – just turn up on the day and pay the guide at the door.
The age of Royston cave, a man-made cavern in the shape of a beehive, is still a mystery.
It is known for its extensive wall carvings of saints such as St Katherine, St Laurence and St Christopher. Other figures have been interpreted as pagan symbols.
You may also want to watch:
Find out more by visiting www.roystoncave.co.uk.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm