Catwalk show benefits charity
MODELS have taken to the catwalk to aid a local charity. The fund raising fashion show, held at Esse in Melbourn, raised �1,165 for Home-Start Royston and South Cambridgeshire, a charity which helps young families in Crow country. A Home-Start spokesman s
MODELS have taken to the catwalk to aid a local charity.
The fund raising fashion show, held at Esse in Melbourn, raised �1,165 for Home-Start Royston and South Cambridgeshire, a charity which helps young families in Crow country.
A Home-Start spokesman said: "We approached Sally Saunders of Esse at the beginning of the year to ask if she would be willing to host a fashion show for us and she very kindly agreed. Home-Start would like to take this opportunity to again thank Sally and her team of models and helpers for a really fun evening."
On arrival, over 70 guests were given a glass of wine and had plenty of time to look around and make purchases.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: "We were then treated to the fashion show, which was very relaxed and as the models were just walking very close to us, we were able to see the detail of the clothes very clearly."
Sally Saunders, manager of Esse, said: "It was an absolute pleasure holding this fashion party, with lots of guests, lots of fun and lots of money being raised."
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 9 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 10 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
Home-Start's next fundraising event will be a St George's Day meal to be held on Thursday 23 April, at 12.30pm at The Royal Oak, Barrington.
Tickets are �16 for a two course meal, and local jeweller, Keith Gordon, will be giving a talk after the dinner.
If you would like to order tickets for this event or find out more about the work of Home-Start, call 01763 262262.