Cattle drive for cash
A HORSE GROOMER from Buntingford is raising money for a cattle drive across Wyoming. Sue Gray, 23, hopes to raise £2,800 through a raffle in aid of the International League for the Protection of Horses (ILPH) which improves the lives of horses around the
A HORSE GROOMER from Buntingford is raising money for a cattle drive across Wyoming.
Sue Gray, 23, hopes to raise £2,800 through a raffle in aid of the International League for the Protection of Horses (ILPH) which improves the lives of horses around the world.
The cattle drive will take 10 days and see Sue travel by horseback with a group of 15 other people from the UK.
She will ride across the Rocky Mountains and work alongside the ranch cowboys and cowgirls, rounding up 1,500 head of cattle before moving them on to their winter pasture.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I have always wanted to do it. It's the whole idea of becoming a cowgirl, so it's a dream come true."
Sue has already raised £1,800 through sponsorship from friends and family, but is selling raffle tickets for £1 to fund the remainder of the project.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 3 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
Sarah Carter of The Barn Shop near Buntingford is sponsoring Sue. She said: "I think it's quite a challenge for her, but very exciting and is for such a good cause."
Sue will be setting off for the cattle drive challenge on August 18.
To buy a £1 raffle ticket call Sue on 07816612936 or The Barn Shop on 01763 249875.
The raffle will take place on July 1.
Picture: DANIEL WILSON 1636DW17