Casting call as Creative Royston looks for festival volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Why not join the friendly and enthusiastic group of volunteers at Creative Royston?
They promote arts and creativity in Royston and encourage the local community to celebrate amateur and professional talent.
Creative Royston’s main event is the annual arts festival during the last week in September, showcasing a varied programme of art, dance, drama, music, craft, photography and so on.
They also organise occasional events during the year, as well as supporting local groups, schools and businesses in their own arts activities.
You may also want to watch:
A new management committee member is needed, ideally with a marketing or financial background, to complement existing skills, although anyone with general organisational skills would be very welcome.
They are also inviting volunteer festival assistants for this year’s programme. You can sign up for one or more time slot – varying from two hours during the workshop morning to three or four hours for an evening concert or other event.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 9 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 10 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
Creative Royston has achieved the Volunteer Centre’s Six Point Promise endorsing excellence in volunteer management so we know how much they value their volunteers, and you can expect a very warm welcome.
Join them for their celebration event at 7.30pm on Tuesday evening at Royston Picture Palace where you can sample the talents of some of their contributors, find out more about their plans for 2015 – and enjoy a free glass of wine!
The evening will also include Creative Royston’s brief annual meeting.
Reserve your place online at www.roystonartsfestival.org – or contact the Volunteer Centre and we will put you in touch.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk