Casting call as Creative Royston looks for festival volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Why not join the friendly and enthusiastic group of volunteers at Creative Royston?
They promote arts and creativity in Royston and encourage the local community to celebrate amateur and professional talent.
Creative Royston’s main event is the annual arts festival during the last week in September, showcasing a varied programme of art, dance, drama, music, craft, photography and so on.
They also organise occasional events during the year, as well as supporting local groups, schools and businesses in their own arts activities.
You may also want to watch:
A new management committee member is needed, ideally with a marketing or financial background, to complement existing skills, although anyone with general organisational skills would be very welcome.
They are also inviting volunteer festival assistants for this year’s programme. You can sign up for one or more time slot – varying from two hours during the workshop morning to three or four hours for an evening concert or other event.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
Creative Royston has achieved the Volunteer Centre’s Six Point Promise endorsing excellence in volunteer management so we know how much they value their volunteers, and you can expect a very warm welcome.
Join them for their celebration event at 7.30pm on Tuesday evening at Royston Picture Palace where you can sample the talents of some of their contributors, find out more about their plans for 2015 – and enjoy a free glass of wine!
The evening will also include Creative Royston’s brief annual meeting.
Reserve your place online at www.roystonartsfestival.org – or contact the Volunteer Centre and we will put you in touch.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk