Cash stolen from Royston car park machine
- Credit: Archant
A thief has broken into a car park ticket machine in Royston and stolen cash, in a theft being linked with a similar incident elsewhere in North Herts.
A cash box was taken from The Warren car park at some point between 3pm on Tuesday, January 21, and 10am on Wednesday, January 22. During the same time frame a ticket machine was also targeted in the Christchurch car park on Bedford Road in Hitchin.
The offender was unable to break into the machine and subsequently made off in an unknown direction.
Police Community Support Officer Sarah Jeffery said: “We currently believe that these incidents could be linked.
“I am appealing for anyone who was in the area of these car parks during the stated times, and saw anyone acting suspiciously around the pay and display machines, to get in contact with me as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also ask people to contact police as soon as they can if they see anyone tampering with car park ticket machines.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime numbers G4/14/46 (Royston) and G1/14/184 (Hitchin).
- 1 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.