Cash stolen from Royston car park machine
- Credit: Archant
A thief has broken into a car park ticket machine in Royston and stolen cash, in a theft being linked with a similar incident elsewhere in North Herts.
A cash box was taken from The Warren car park at some point between 3pm on Tuesday, January 21, and 10am on Wednesday, January 22. During the same time frame a ticket machine was also targeted in the Christchurch car park on Bedford Road in Hitchin.
The offender was unable to break into the machine and subsequently made off in an unknown direction.
Police Community Support Officer Sarah Jeffery said: “We currently believe that these incidents could be linked.
“I am appealing for anyone who was in the area of these car parks during the stated times, and saw anyone acting suspiciously around the pay and display machines, to get in contact with me as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also ask people to contact police as soon as they can if they see anyone tampering with car park ticket machines.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime numbers G4/14/46 (Royston) and G1/14/184 (Hitchin).
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 9 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.