Cash stolen from Royston car park machine
- Credit: Archant
A thief has broken into a car park ticket machine in Royston and stolen cash, in a theft being linked with a similar incident elsewhere in North Herts.
A cash box was taken from The Warren car park at some point between 3pm on Tuesday, January 21, and 10am on Wednesday, January 22. During the same time frame a ticket machine was also targeted in the Christchurch car park on Bedford Road in Hitchin.
The offender was unable to break into the machine and subsequently made off in an unknown direction.
Police Community Support Officer Sarah Jeffery said: “We currently believe that these incidents could be linked.
“I am appealing for anyone who was in the area of these car parks during the stated times, and saw anyone acting suspiciously around the pay and display machines, to get in contact with me as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also ask people to contact police as soon as they can if they see anyone tampering with car park ticket machines.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime numbers G4/14/46 (Royston) and G1/14/184 (Hitchin).
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.