Car shunted into neighbour's home
A COUPLE got a nasty surprise when they were woken up in the middle of the night by a car being ploughed into their porch. David Hutchinson, of Ashwell Road, Steeple Morden, and his wife Lynda were woken at 1.15am on Saturday by the sound of the blue For
A COUPLE got a nasty surprise when they were woken up in the middle of the night by a car being ploughed into their porch.
David Hutchinson, of Ashwell Road, Steeple Morden, and his wife Lynda were woken at 1.15am on Saturday by the sound of the blue Ford Ka slamming into the front of their house.
Mr Hutchinson said: "It seems a car was travelling down the road when it hit a parked car belonging to my neighbour.
"This car was pushed across my garden and into the porch.
You may also want to watch:
"We just heard a big bang and looked out of the window to see that the car had crashed into the wall."
The neighbour's car has had to remain in the garden for the last few days, while the Hutchinsons await a visit from insurance assessors.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 3 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 4 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 5 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 10 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
"We can't get out of our front door at the moment," said Mr Hutchinson.
"The car has caused such a lot of damage to the porch that I think we will have to have it pulled down."
A 24-year old man from Ashwell has been arrested and charged with driving while over the alcohol limit.
He was bailed to appear at Cambridge Magistrates Court next Tuesday.