Car shunted into neighbour's home
A COUPLE got a nasty surprise when they were woken up in the middle of the night by a car being ploughed into their porch. David Hutchinson, of Ashwell Road, Steeple Morden, and his wife Lynda were woken at 1.15am on Saturday by the sound of the blue For
A COUPLE got a nasty surprise when they were woken up in the middle of the night by a car being ploughed into their porch.
David Hutchinson, of Ashwell Road, Steeple Morden, and his wife Lynda were woken at 1.15am on Saturday by the sound of the blue Ford Ka slamming into the front of their house.
Mr Hutchinson said: "It seems a car was travelling down the road when it hit a parked car belonging to my neighbour.
"This car was pushed across my garden and into the porch.
"We just heard a big bang and looked out of the window to see that the car had crashed into the wall."
The neighbour's car has had to remain in the garden for the last few days, while the Hutchinsons await a visit from insurance assessors.
- 1 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 6 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
"We can't get out of our front door at the moment," said Mr Hutchinson.
"The car has caused such a lot of damage to the porch that I think we will have to have it pulled down."
A 24-year old man from Ashwell has been arrested and charged with driving while over the alcohol limit.
He was bailed to appear at Cambridge Magistrates Court next Tuesday.