Car shunted into neighbour's home
A COUPLE got a nasty surprise when they were woken up in the middle of the night by a car being ploughed into their porch. David Hutchinson, of Ashwell Road, Steeple Morden, and his wife Lynda were woken at 1.15am on Saturday by the sound of the blue For
A COUPLE got a nasty surprise when they were woken up in the middle of the night by a car being ploughed into their porch.
David Hutchinson, of Ashwell Road, Steeple Morden, and his wife Lynda were woken at 1.15am on Saturday by the sound of the blue Ford Ka slamming into the front of their house.
Mr Hutchinson said: "It seems a car was travelling down the road when it hit a parked car belonging to my neighbour.
"This car was pushed across my garden and into the porch.
You may also want to watch:
"We just heard a big bang and looked out of the window to see that the car had crashed into the wall."
The neighbour's car has had to remain in the garden for the last few days, while the Hutchinsons await a visit from insurance assessors.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
"We can't get out of our front door at the moment," said Mr Hutchinson.
"The car has caused such a lot of damage to the porch that I think we will have to have it pulled down."
A 24-year old man from Ashwell has been arrested and charged with driving while over the alcohol limit.
He was bailed to appear at Cambridge Magistrates Court next Tuesday.