Car shunted into neighbour's home
A COUPLE got a nasty surprise when they were woken up in the middle of the night by a car being ploughed into their porch. David Hutchinson, of Ashwell Road, Steeple Morden, and his wife Lynda were woken at 1.15am on Saturday by the sound of the blue For
A COUPLE got a nasty surprise when they were woken up in the middle of the night by a car being ploughed into their porch.
David Hutchinson, of Ashwell Road, Steeple Morden, and his wife Lynda were woken at 1.15am on Saturday by the sound of the blue Ford Ka slamming into the front of their house.
Mr Hutchinson said: "It seems a car was travelling down the road when it hit a parked car belonging to my neighbour.
"This car was pushed across my garden and into the porch.
You may also want to watch:
"We just heard a big bang and looked out of the window to see that the car had crashed into the wall."
The neighbour's car has had to remain in the garden for the last few days, while the Hutchinsons await a visit from insurance assessors.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 7 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
"We can't get out of our front door at the moment," said Mr Hutchinson.
"The car has caused such a lot of damage to the porch that I think we will have to have it pulled down."
A 24-year old man from Ashwell has been arrested and charged with driving while over the alcohol limit.
He was bailed to appear at Cambridge Magistrates Court next Tuesday.