Car show looks a racing cert
A COLLECTION of rare vintage racing cars will be on display later in the month. And the show will help the British Heart Foundation, too. The collection of racing cars and memorabilia is being put together by the Veteran Car Club of Great Britain at its h
A COLLECTION of rare vintage racing cars will be on display later in the month.
And the show will help the British Heart Foundation, too.
The collection of racing cars and memorabilia is being put together by the Veteran Car Club of Great Britain at its headquarters in Ashwell.
The display will celebrate 100 years of motor racing.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Nicholas Pellet, 62, said he decided to raise money for the charity after he was diagnosed with a heart condition two years ago.
"Having a healthy heart is absolutely essential to racing," he said.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
"After my procedure I wanted to donate the money raised from the exhibition to the charity.
On display will be the original Tourist Trophy winning cars - which have been transported from around the world - as well as memorabilia covering the Isle of Man racing period from 1905 to 1922.
The display will be at Jessamine Court in Ashwell from September 25 to October 4.
For more details visit www.vccofgb/TT100/index.