Car show looks a racing cert
A COLLECTION of rare vintage racing cars will be on display later in the month. And the show will help the British Heart Foundation, too. The collection of racing cars and memorabilia is being put together by the Veteran Car Club of Great Britain at its h
A COLLECTION of rare vintage racing cars will be on display later in the month.
And the show will help the British Heart Foundation, too.
The collection of racing cars and memorabilia is being put together by the Veteran Car Club of Great Britain at its headquarters in Ashwell.
The display will celebrate 100 years of motor racing.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Nicholas Pellet, 62, said he decided to raise money for the charity after he was diagnosed with a heart condition two years ago.
"Having a healthy heart is absolutely essential to racing," he said.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
"After my procedure I wanted to donate the money raised from the exhibition to the charity.
On display will be the original Tourist Trophy winning cars - which have been transported from around the world - as well as memorabilia covering the Isle of Man racing period from 1905 to 1922.
The display will be at Jessamine Court in Ashwell from September 25 to October 4.
For more details visit www.vccofgb/TT100/index.