Car show looks a racing cert
A COLLECTION of rare vintage racing cars will be on display later in the month. And the show will help the British Heart Foundation, too. The collection of racing cars and memorabilia is being put together by the Veteran Car Club of Great Britain at its h
A COLLECTION of rare vintage racing cars will be on display later in the month.
And the show will help the British Heart Foundation, too.
The collection of racing cars and memorabilia is being put together by the Veteran Car Club of Great Britain at its headquarters in Ashwell.
The display will celebrate 100 years of motor racing.
Organiser Nicholas Pellet, 62, said he decided to raise money for the charity after he was diagnosed with a heart condition two years ago.
"Having a healthy heart is absolutely essential to racing," he said.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
"After my procedure I wanted to donate the money raised from the exhibition to the charity.
On display will be the original Tourist Trophy winning cars - which have been transported from around the world - as well as memorabilia covering the Isle of Man racing period from 1905 to 1922.
The display will be at Jessamine Court in Ashwell from September 25 to October 4.
For more details visit www.vccofgb/TT100/index.