Child, 12, trapped in overturned car in A505 crash between Royston and Baldock
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old was trapped inside an overturned car which has crashed with a van on the A505 between Royston and Baldock this morning.
Police were called at 8.10am this morning to the A505 southbound near Slip End to reports of the collision between a black VW van and a blue Kia Carens car - which overturned.
The child is believed to have sustained slight injuries.
The road was closed by emergency services and reopened just after 9am.
A spokeswoman from the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 8.08am with reports of a collision on the A505.
You may also want to watch:
"We sent the hazardous area response team, two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle.
"Two people were taken to Stevenage's Lister Hospital for further care."
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
Emergency services remain at the scene.