Child, 12, trapped in overturned car in A505 crash between Royston and Baldock
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old was trapped inside an overturned car which has crashed with a van on the A505 between Royston and Baldock this morning.
Police were called at 8.10am this morning to the A505 southbound near Slip End to reports of the collision between a black VW van and a blue Kia Carens car - which overturned.
The child is believed to have sustained slight injuries.
The road was closed by emergency services and reopened just after 9am.
A spokeswoman from the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 8.08am with reports of a collision on the A505.
You may also want to watch:
"We sent the hazardous area response team, two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle.
"Two people were taken to Stevenage's Lister Hospital for further care."
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 3 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 9 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
Emergency services remain at the scene.