Child, 12, trapped in overturned car in A505 crash between Royston and Baldock
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old was trapped inside an overturned car which has crashed with a van on the A505 between Royston and Baldock this morning.
Police were called at 8.10am this morning to the A505 southbound near Slip End to reports of the collision between a black VW van and a blue Kia Carens car - which overturned.
The child is believed to have sustained slight injuries.
The road was closed by emergency services and reopened just after 9am.
A spokeswoman from the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 8.08am with reports of a collision on the A505.
You may also want to watch:
"We sent the hazardous area response team, two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle.
"Two people were taken to Stevenage's Lister Hospital for further care."
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 6 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 7 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 8 More than £2 million in funding set to save leisure centres under threat
- 9 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
Emergency services remain at the scene.