Child, 12, trapped in overturned car in A505 crash between Royston and Baldock
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old was trapped inside an overturned car which has crashed with a van on the A505 between Royston and Baldock this morning.
Police were called at 8.10am this morning to the A505 southbound near Slip End to reports of the collision between a black VW van and a blue Kia Carens car - which overturned.
The child is believed to have sustained slight injuries.
The road was closed by emergency services and reopened just after 9am.
A spokeswoman from the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 8.08am with reports of a collision on the A505.
You may also want to watch:
"We sent the hazardous area response team, two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle.
"Two people were taken to Stevenage's Lister Hospital for further care."
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 8 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 9 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 10 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
Emergency services remain at the scene.