Car deliberately set on fire in Thriplow field
- Credit: Archant
A car was deliberately set on fire in Thriplow overnight, and police are now looking for those involved.
Shortly before 2am, a fire crew from Cambridge was called to the blaze in a field off Brook Road.
Firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the fire, and returned to their station just after 2.40am.
Police attended the scene at about 2.25am after being alerted by the fire service.
A police spokeswoman said: “It is believed the fire was started deliberately. Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting incident 29 of September 28.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident follows another car fire in Mill Line on Wednesday last week.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 New care home for Royston unanimously approved