Car deliberately set on fire in Thriplow field
- Credit: Archant
A car was deliberately set on fire in Thriplow overnight, and police are now looking for those involved.
Shortly before 2am, a fire crew from Cambridge was called to the blaze in a field off Brook Road.
Firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the fire, and returned to their station just after 2.40am.
Police attended the scene at about 2.25am after being alerted by the fire service.
A police spokeswoman said: “It is believed the fire was started deliberately. Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting incident 29 of September 28.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident follows another car fire in Mill Line on Wednesday last week.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 All you need to know about Welney Wetland Centre reopening