Car and jewellery ‘of great sentimental value’ stolen in Royston burglary
- Credit: Archant
A car and jewellery items ‘of great sentimental value’ were stolen from a Royston home just before Christmas.
The burglary took place in Pedlars Lane between 3.30pm and 4.25pm on Tuesday, December 23, when the front door of a house was forced open.
The house was searched and items of jewellery were stolen including rings, necklaces and bracelets, as well as the key for a red Audi TT which was parked on the driveway.
The car was stolen and later recovered in Essex.
Police investigating the burglary have released images of some of the items which can be viewed on the albums section of the Herts Police Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con David Lawson said: “The stolen jewellery is of great sentimental value to the victims who are, understandably, very upset by what has happened.
“I am appealing to anyone who believes they may know the whereabouts of these items or thinks they may have been offered them for sale to contact me as soon as possible.”
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
Anyone with information can contact DC Lawson via the Hertfordshire Constabulary non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.