Car and jewellery ‘of great sentimental value’ stolen in Royston burglary
- Credit: Archant
A car and jewellery items ‘of great sentimental value’ were stolen from a Royston home just before Christmas.
The burglary took place in Pedlars Lane between 3.30pm and 4.25pm on Tuesday, December 23, when the front door of a house was forced open.
The house was searched and items of jewellery were stolen including rings, necklaces and bracelets, as well as the key for a red Audi TT which was parked on the driveway.
The car was stolen and later recovered in Essex.
Police investigating the burglary have released images of some of the items which can be viewed on the albums section of the Herts Police Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con David Lawson said: “The stolen jewellery is of great sentimental value to the victims who are, understandably, very upset by what has happened.
“I am appealing to anyone who believes they may know the whereabouts of these items or thinks they may have been offered them for sale to contact me as soon as possible.”
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 10 Where to get a walk-in Covid-19 vaccine in Cambridgeshire this weekend
Anyone with information can contact DC Lawson via the Hertfordshire Constabulary non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.