Car and jewellery ‘of great sentimental value’ stolen in Royston burglary
- Credit: Archant
A car and jewellery items ‘of great sentimental value’ were stolen from a Royston home just before Christmas.
The burglary took place in Pedlars Lane between 3.30pm and 4.25pm on Tuesday, December 23, when the front door of a house was forced open.
The house was searched and items of jewellery were stolen including rings, necklaces and bracelets, as well as the key for a red Audi TT which was parked on the driveway.
The car was stolen and later recovered in Essex.
Police investigating the burglary have released images of some of the items which can be viewed on the albums section of the Herts Police Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con David Lawson said: “The stolen jewellery is of great sentimental value to the victims who are, understandably, very upset by what has happened.
“I am appealing to anyone who believes they may know the whereabouts of these items or thinks they may have been offered them for sale to contact me as soon as possible.”
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 3 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 4 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 5 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 10 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
Anyone with information can contact DC Lawson via the Hertfordshire Constabulary non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.