Car and jewellery ‘of great sentimental value’ stolen in Royston burglary
- Credit: Archant
A car and jewellery items ‘of great sentimental value’ were stolen from a Royston home just before Christmas.
The burglary took place in Pedlars Lane between 3.30pm and 4.25pm on Tuesday, December 23, when the front door of a house was forced open.
The house was searched and items of jewellery were stolen including rings, necklaces and bracelets, as well as the key for a red Audi TT which was parked on the driveway.
The car was stolen and later recovered in Essex.
Police investigating the burglary have released images of some of the items which can be viewed on the albums section of the Herts Police Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con David Lawson said: “The stolen jewellery is of great sentimental value to the victims who are, understandably, very upset by what has happened.
“I am appealing to anyone who believes they may know the whereabouts of these items or thinks they may have been offered them for sale to contact me as soon as possible.”
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
Anyone with information can contact DC Lawson via the Hertfordshire Constabulary non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.