Cannabis factory worth more than £850k uncovered in Arrington
- Credit: Archant
A cannabis factory worth an estimated £850,000 has been uncovered in Arrington.
Acting on intelligence from members of the public, South Cambs police officers visited the property in Ermine Way yesterday afternoon, and uncovered more than 1,000 cannabis plants across seven outbuildings at various stages of growth. They also recovered three suspected stolen vehicles.
Two men aged 32 and 37 attempted to flee when police arrived, but were detained and arrested on suspicion of cultivation of cannabis and immigration offences.
A third man, aged 64, was arrested on suspicion of cultivation of cannabis and handling stolen goods. They all remain in custody.
Sgt Rob Taylor said: “This find has stopped a substantial amount of illegal drugs finding their way to the streets.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s vital we get information such as this from the public so we can tackle the production and supply of drugs in the county.”
Information about illegal drug activity can be reported via www.cambs.police.uk/report or by calling 101.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm