Candy aims to take the charts by storm
AN UNSIGNED singer is looking to follow in the footsteps of Estelle and Rihanna and take the musical world by storm. R n B vocalist Candy Marie Jones, from Barrington, has already recorded two singles, and is hoping to complete and album in the near futur
AN UNSIGNED singer is looking to follow in the footsteps of Estelle and Rihanna and take the musical world by storm.
R'n'B vocalist Candy Marie Jones, from Barrington, has already recorded two singles, and is hoping to complete and album in the near future.
She said: "I've already done a couple of singles, That's That and Puppet On A String, and am looking to do another one in the next month or so.
"We recorded them at the studio of Ben Adams, who used to be in boyband A1. It was a great experience.
"Once I've got a whole album together, then hopefully I'll be able to start approaching record companies."
Candy, has been performing on stage since the age of four, and cites Christina Aguilera, Whitney Houston, and Beyonce as major influences on her musical style.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
"As an unsigned artist it's very difficult to break into the industry at the moment," she said.
"You have need to have money behind you in the first place, because when people do offer to help, it always comes at a price.
"I'd like to employ a PR company to promote me, but most of the ones I've approached ask for around £300 per week to promote my work," she said.
Candy's mother Marilyn, who also acts as her agent, added: "We've tried things like the X-Factor but there are very few places available."
Another option available to Candy could be starting up her own record label.
She said: "Having that would be great, and apparently it isn't that hard to do.
"My main ambitions are to bring out an album and have a top ten single. That would be really amazing."
For more information on Candy, and to hear her singles, visit www.myspace.com/candymariegoingsolo.