Candidates on the road to a healthier lifestyle
THE final Royston Fit 4 Life contestant has commenced her training after an injury had put her participation in doubt. Anne Wrobbel injured her wrist after being selected for a free four month membership at Royston Leisure Centre. But having been given
THE final Royston Fit 4 Life contestant has commenced her training after an injury had put her participation in doubt.
Anne Wrobbel injured her wrist after being selected for a free four month membership at Royston Leisure Centre.
But having been given the all clear, she is now on track for a healthier lifestyle, alongside fellow contestants Chris Fuller and Tracy Law.
Anne, of Owen Drive, Royston, said: "I've joined the scheme because I don't have motivation to get fit by myself, so I'm hoping this will help.
You may also want to watch:
"I did some rowing when I was at University 12 years ago, but I'm not doing any exercise at the moment. I'm hoping to do two gym sessions a week," she said.
All three of the participants in the Fit 4 Life scheme, which is being run by the Leisure Centre in association with The Crow, have had training regimes devised by the centre's fitness experts.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
Gemma Burge, fitness manager at Royston Leisure Centre, said: "Everyone's still very keen at this stage and they're doing very well.
"Tracy has a bit more time to dedicate to her training than Chris, but he's been in a few times and they're both on schedule.