Candidates on the road to a healthier lifestyle
THE final Royston Fit 4 Life contestant has commenced her training after an injury had put her participation in doubt. Anne Wrobbel injured her wrist after being selected for a free four month membership at Royston Leisure Centre. But having been given
THE final Royston Fit 4 Life contestant has commenced her training after an injury had put her participation in doubt.
Anne Wrobbel injured her wrist after being selected for a free four month membership at Royston Leisure Centre.
But having been given the all clear, she is now on track for a healthier lifestyle, alongside fellow contestants Chris Fuller and Tracy Law.
Anne, of Owen Drive, Royston, said: "I've joined the scheme because I don't have motivation to get fit by myself, so I'm hoping this will help.
"I did some rowing when I was at University 12 years ago, but I'm not doing any exercise at the moment. I'm hoping to do two gym sessions a week," she said.
All three of the participants in the Fit 4 Life scheme, which is being run by the Leisure Centre in association with The Crow, have had training regimes devised by the centre's fitness experts.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
Gemma Burge, fitness manager at Royston Leisure Centre, said: "Everyone's still very keen at this stage and they're doing very well.
"Tracy has a bit more time to dedicate to her training than Chris, but he's been in a few times and they're both on schedule.