Candidates on the road to a healthier lifestyle
THE final Royston Fit 4 Life contestant has commenced her training after an injury had put her participation in doubt. Anne Wrobbel injured her wrist after being selected for a free four month membership at Royston Leisure Centre. But having been given
THE final Royston Fit 4 Life contestant has commenced her training after an injury had put her participation in doubt.
Anne Wrobbel injured her wrist after being selected for a free four month membership at Royston Leisure Centre.
But having been given the all clear, she is now on track for a healthier lifestyle, alongside fellow contestants Chris Fuller and Tracy Law.
Anne, of Owen Drive, Royston, said: "I've joined the scheme because I don't have motivation to get fit by myself, so I'm hoping this will help.
You may also want to watch:
"I did some rowing when I was at University 12 years ago, but I'm not doing any exercise at the moment. I'm hoping to do two gym sessions a week," she said.
All three of the participants in the Fit 4 Life scheme, which is being run by the Leisure Centre in association with The Crow, have had training regimes devised by the centre's fitness experts.
- 1 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 3 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 6 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 7 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 8 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 10 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
Gemma Burge, fitness manager at Royston Leisure Centre, said: "Everyone's still very keen at this stage and they're doing very well.
"Tracy has a bit more time to dedicate to her training than Chris, but he's been in a few times and they're both on schedule.