Do you have what it takes to name Hertfordshire County Council’s next gritter?
- Credit: Photo supplied
They say only three things are certain in life: death, taxes, and the famous fleet of Hertfordshire County Council gritters.
The nights are drawing in, the frosted lawns have returned, and this can mean only thing - gritting season.
In a new competition for 2019, Herts County Council are giving Royston Crow readers the chance to name their very own gritter.
Following in the footsteps of popular gritters from a bygone era - Brad Gritt, Freezing Frank, Gritney Spears - it is now up to you to name the class of 2019.
If you think you have what it takes, comment your suggestions on either our Facebook page, Gritter - sorry, Twitter - or email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
Next week, the best names will enter into a final poll where you can then vote to christen the Royston Crow Hertfordshire County Council gritter.
Best of luck - and happy naming!
- 1 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 2 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 5 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 6 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation