Do you have what it takes to name Hertfordshire County Council’s next gritter?
- Credit: Photo supplied
They say only three things are certain in life: death, taxes, and the famous fleet of Hertfordshire County Council gritters.
The nights are drawing in, the frosted lawns have returned, and this can mean only thing - gritting season.
In a new competition for 2019, Herts County Council are giving Royston Crow readers the chance to name their very own gritter.
Following in the footsteps of popular gritters from a bygone era - Brad Gritt, Freezing Frank, Gritney Spears - it is now up to you to name the class of 2019.
If you think you have what it takes, comment your suggestions on either our Facebook page, Gritter - sorry, Twitter - or email your entries to email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
Next week, the best names will enter into a final poll where you can then vote to christen the Royston Crow Hertfordshire County Council gritter.
Best of luck - and happy naming!
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 5 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 6 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton