Can you help two Royston organisations who are in urgent need of new trustees?
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Trustees are dedicated and important people who volunteer to manage a charity or community group.
They can also be known as directors, board members, governors or committee members, but whatever they are called these are the people with ultimate responsibility for directing the business of the organisation.
They are volunteers who work behind the scenes playing a vital role, volunteering their time and working together to make the decisions that really matter about the charity’s finances, activities and plans for the future.
There are fantastic organisations in the town recently featured in this column who are in urgent need of additional help so that they can carry on their long-established and much needed services to our community.
You may also want to watch:
Royston Mencap needs a new member to join their vibrant committee which values teamwork and mutual support and is passionate about its work. The new recruit will assist the current chair before taking over that role at the annual meeting at the end of the year.
Royston Town Twinning is offering a warm welcome to new members willing to take on the roles of chair, secretary, or social secretary to co-ordinate and manage the relationship between the twin towns on behalf of Royston Town Council and gain connections in France, Germany and Spain.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 3 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 6 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 7 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 8 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
If you would like to meet new people, have fun and make new friends while using your enthusiasm and skills to give something back to our community, then just contact us and we will put you in touch.
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email email@example.com or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk