Campaigners optimistic over new plan for North Royston housing development
CAMPAIGNERS are optimistic that revised plans for a housing development in Royston will be palatable for local residents. Fairview Homes were in Royston on Tuesday to unveil draft plans for houses on land adjacent to Thackeray Close and Coombelands. As
CAMPAIGNERS are optimistic that revised plans for a housing development in Royston will be "palatable" for local residents.
Fairview Homes were in Royston on Tuesday to unveil draft plans for houses on land adjacent to Thackeray Close and Coombelands.
As reported in The Crow last month, Fairview has scrapped plans to build on land near Betjeman Close after opposition from local people, who formed the North Royston Action Group (NRAG) to protest.
Jayne Bratton, from NRAG, was one of many residents who met with the developers on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "Fairview have clearly taken many of our concerns into account with these new plans.
"We look forward to seeing the final designs which I trust will be as palatable as possible for residents."
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 4 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 5 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 6 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 7 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 8 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 9 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Royston
Steve Mellor, director at Fairview said: "The purpose of these events is to show the local residents and elected representatives the revised plans and allow them to comment on them. All comments received will then be collated and analysed, and feedback will then be incorporated into the final plans submitted to the council, where possible.
"We were encouraged by what people were saying and look forward to discussing the plans with more residents next Friday."
The plans will be on show between 5pm - 8pm on Friday 23 April at the Coombes Community Centre.