Electrician, postman and cabin crew member among 19 new Cambs police officers
- Credit: POLICE
A former electrician, postman and airline cabin crew member are among Cambridgeshire's 19 new police officers.
The men and women took part in their passing out on Wednesday, bringing the force's total number of new recruits this year to 72.
Seven will now be posted to Cambridge, seven to Peterborough, three to Fenland and two to Huntingdon.
The new recruits were presented to Chief Constable Nick Dean at a ceremony at force HQ.
Friends and family were unable to attend but were able to watch online.
Addressing the recruits, Mr Dean said: “You are now beginning a unique career in policing.
"One which is exciting, varied, ever more complex and challenging but equally a career that presents itself with huge opportunities.
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Could you give these pets a home?
- 3 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 4 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 5 Entrepreneur shortlisted for award after setting up business while managing chronic illness
- 6 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 7 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 8 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 9 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
"Opportunities to make a real difference to people’s lives.”
For more information on the new routes into policing visit New routes into policing (cambs.police.uk)