Cambridgeshire County Show set to be held tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
The Cambridgeshire County Show will take place tomorrow (Sunday).
The show, which will be held at Wimpole Hall, is organised by a small volunteer committee of past and present members of the Cambridgeshire Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs and many of those members who helped to organise the 1998 show are still very much involved today, some having been joined by their children.
Each year the committee’s aim is to create a traditional county show, which promotes British food and farming, provides visitors with an insight into agriculture and the rural community and creates an arena for young farmers to demonstrate their skills in a variety of competitions and activities.
Throughout the day, visitors can enjoy a range of displays including sheepdogs and falconry and the return of the Welsh Axemen.
There will also be the ever popular sheep show, which will be performing throughout the day in the livestock area where you will also be able to get close to various breeds.
You may also want to watch:
There is a large variety of trade stands, a craft marquee and food hall to enjoy as well as country crafts such as thatching and a traditional fairground.
The award winning NFU ‘Let’s Talk Farming’ Roadshow, with Annabelle the model dairy cow helping to celebrate the centenary of Cambridgeshire NFU, will also join the Show.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'