Cambridge construction firm’s £17,500 makeover for Heydon animal centre
- Credit: Archant
An animal rescue centre has been treated to a £17,500 makeover.
Staff at the Heydon branch of animal charity, Wood Green, are celebrating the transformation of their site as part of a five-day charity volunteering initiative by Cambridge construction company, Morgan Sindall, which finished on Sunday, September 26.
The extensive makeover by around 50 volunteers included painting the main building, laying new flooring in the animal intake room, tiling the grooming room, varnishing the reception, bunnery, cat summer house and guinea pig area and setting up information boards.
Hannah Brown, deputy manager at Wood Green Heydon, said: “The whole site has really been brightened and freshened up and made that bit more welcoming. It’s been the best part of a decade since the site has had a touch-up, and we’ve now got some great new features – such as a walkway over to our chickens and a disabled ramp into our education room – it’s a much nicer space to be in and more accessible.
“The Morgan Sindall team has been absolutely amazing – the donation of time and money is overwhelming and what they have done in the space of a week would have taken us months to do. The whole team is so happy.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone that hasn’t been here in a couple of years will certainly notice how much of a difference the makeover has made – and we’d just like to invite everyone to come down to Heydon and see what we’ve done with the place.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid