No train services between Royston and Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
All lines are blocked between Royston and Cambridge this morning, so no services are running between the two stations.
Govia Thameslink is reporting that Network Rail engineering works have not been finished on time, meaning no Great Northern or Thameslink trains can run.
On the Great Northern website it says: "Trains are currently unable to run between Cambridge and Royston at this time. You are strongly advised to delay travelling until later today.
"Rail replacement buses have been requested for Cambridge and Royston. However, suppliers are having issues sourcing these at these time. Therefore, you will need to find alternative means of transport between Royston and Cambridge."
Ticket acceptance is in place with the following services:
You may also want to watch:
- Great Anglia between Ely and London Liverpool Street
- London Underground between London King's Cross and London Liverpool Street.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
Disruption is currently expected to continue until 1pm.