Cam Sight team recruits more volunteers to help with the charity’s work
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
Do you have a few hours to spare to help a charity whose dedicated volunteers support all areas of the organisation’s work and help people?
Cam Sight offers emotional support and practical advice to people of all ages affected by sight loss and more volunteers are needed to support the vital work they do, particularly across South Cambs.
So what about getting involved with a social support group in your area?
There are a number of support groups in South Cambs villages looking for volunteers to drive members to and from sessions, chat to people and help with refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
Help is also needed for special events like outings, or you could run a raffle.
There is also a befriending service where volunteers make home visits to clients to assist with correspondence, take a short walk or just to chat. This is a wonderful chance to build a friendship while making a real difference in someone else’s life.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
Or if you have some spare time and your own car, drivers are urgently needed to assist with transport to various sport and leisure activities.
By helping others in whichever way you choose, you’ll gain a real sense of giving something back to the community as you meet new people and make friends.
If you are thinking about helping a person with sight loss, we’d love to hear from you so that we can put the team at Cam Sight in touch with you.
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk