Call out for volunteers to help out at family fun run in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A volunteer group is calling on people to lend a hand at a sporting event next weekend.
North Herts Children’s Services is holding a summer family fun run event at Royston Leisure Centre and is need of some budding volunteers who are willing to step up for marshalling duties on the course for a maximum of two hours.
The run on Sunday, May 17, promises to be an enjoyable family fun run along a 3km guided route.
Participants can jog, walk or toddle round and buggies are welcome.
Children will receive a medal for completing the route.
You may also want to watch:
They will then enter the fun zone where there will be an array of exciting activities to participate in.
The team has organised arts and crafts, face painting, inflatables, a limbo competition and even a beach where people can build sand castles.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 3 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 4 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 5 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 6 Save pennies and the planet - why you should go along to Sustain-Ability event
- 7 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 8 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
Refreshments will be available and people are encouraged to bring a picnic to enjoy and really make a day of it.
Children of volunteers can even join in the fun for free.
A spokeswoman said: “By volunteering for an hour or two, people will really help the day to be a success.
“Volunteers will also get the chance to meet new people and have fun at this wonderful community event.”