Call out for volunteers to help out at family fun run in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A volunteer group is calling on people to lend a hand at a sporting event next weekend.
North Herts Children’s Services is holding a summer family fun run event at Royston Leisure Centre and is need of some budding volunteers who are willing to step up for marshalling duties on the course for a maximum of two hours.
The run on Sunday, May 17, promises to be an enjoyable family fun run along a 3km guided route.
Participants can jog, walk or toddle round and buggies are welcome.
Children will receive a medal for completing the route.
You may also want to watch:
They will then enter the fun zone where there will be an array of exciting activities to participate in.
The team has organised arts and crafts, face painting, inflatables, a limbo competition and even a beach where people can build sand castles.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 6 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
Refreshments will be available and people are encouraged to bring a picnic to enjoy and really make a day of it.
Children of volunteers can even join in the fun for free.
A spokeswoman said: “By volunteering for an hour or two, people will really help the day to be a success.
“Volunteers will also get the chance to meet new people and have fun at this wonderful community event.”