Call out for volunteers to help out at family fun run in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A volunteer group is calling on people to lend a hand at a sporting event next weekend.
North Herts Children’s Services is holding a summer family fun run event at Royston Leisure Centre and is need of some budding volunteers who are willing to step up for marshalling duties on the course for a maximum of two hours.
The run on Sunday, May 17, promises to be an enjoyable family fun run along a 3km guided route.
Participants can jog, walk or toddle round and buggies are welcome.
Children will receive a medal for completing the route.
You may also want to watch:
They will then enter the fun zone where there will be an array of exciting activities to participate in.
The team has organised arts and crafts, face painting, inflatables, a limbo competition and even a beach where people can build sand castles.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 7 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
Refreshments will be available and people are encouraged to bring a picnic to enjoy and really make a day of it.
Children of volunteers can even join in the fun for free.
A spokeswoman said: “By volunteering for an hour or two, people will really help the day to be a success.
“Volunteers will also get the chance to meet new people and have fun at this wonderful community event.”