Call out for volunteers to help out at family fun run in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A volunteer group is calling on people to lend a hand at a sporting event next weekend.
North Herts Children’s Services is holding a summer family fun run event at Royston Leisure Centre and is need of some budding volunteers who are willing to step up for marshalling duties on the course for a maximum of two hours.
The run on Sunday, May 17, promises to be an enjoyable family fun run along a 3km guided route.
Participants can jog, walk or toddle round and buggies are welcome.
Children will receive a medal for completing the route.
They will then enter the fun zone where there will be an array of exciting activities to participate in.
The team has organised arts and crafts, face painting, inflatables, a limbo competition and even a beach where people can build sand castles.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 6 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 7 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 Up on the roof: Choir sings from top of 163ft chapel tower at Cambridge college
Refreshments will be available and people are encouraged to bring a picnic to enjoy and really make a day of it.
Children of volunteers can even join in the fun for free.
A spokeswoman said: “By volunteering for an hour or two, people will really help the day to be a success.
“Volunteers will also get the chance to meet new people and have fun at this wonderful community event.”