Call out for volunteers to help out at family fun run in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A volunteer group is calling on people to lend a hand at a sporting event next weekend.
North Herts Children’s Services is holding a summer family fun run event at Royston Leisure Centre and is need of some budding volunteers who are willing to step up for marshalling duties on the course for a maximum of two hours.
The run on Sunday, May 17, promises to be an enjoyable family fun run along a 3km guided route.
Participants can jog, walk or toddle round and buggies are welcome.
Children will receive a medal for completing the route.
You may also want to watch:
They will then enter the fun zone where there will be an array of exciting activities to participate in.
The team has organised arts and crafts, face painting, inflatables, a limbo competition and even a beach where people can build sand castles.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 7 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
Refreshments will be available and people are encouraged to bring a picnic to enjoy and really make a day of it.
Children of volunteers can even join in the fun for free.
A spokeswoman said: “By volunteering for an hour or two, people will really help the day to be a success.
“Volunteers will also get the chance to meet new people and have fun at this wonderful community event.”