Call-out for volunteers to help Melbourn put Neighbourhood Plan on the table
- Credit: Archant
People who can offer their skills to help devise a Neighbourhood Plan for Melbourn are invited to share their thoughts with the working party.
Earlier in the year, villagers voted in favour of introducing the plan, which allows local people the chance to shape development in their area.
Melbourn district councillor Jose Hales said: “Everything is up in the air with the Local Plan.
“As a result of that the Neighbourhood Plan has taken off quite well. People from the village thought it was a good idea.
“We need houses but we also need the infrastructure to go with it.”
You may also want to watch:
Jose is hoping the Neighbourhood Plan will help the community have greater powers, to block applications such as the 199 houses that were rejected by South Cambs District Council planning committee in June. The decision is likely to be appealed by the developer.
The working party is looking for volunteers to help people understand what the Neighbourhood Plan is about, and to help with the consultation and survey forms. Find out more at melbournplan.co.uk.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing