Call-out for volunteers to help Melbourn put Neighbourhood Plan on the table
- Credit: Archant
People who can offer their skills to help devise a Neighbourhood Plan for Melbourn are invited to share their thoughts with the working party.
Earlier in the year, villagers voted in favour of introducing the plan, which allows local people the chance to shape development in their area.
Melbourn district councillor Jose Hales said: “Everything is up in the air with the Local Plan.
“As a result of that the Neighbourhood Plan has taken off quite well. People from the village thought it was a good idea.
“We need houses but we also need the infrastructure to go with it.”
You may also want to watch:
Jose is hoping the Neighbourhood Plan will help the community have greater powers, to block applications such as the 199 houses that were rejected by South Cambs District Council planning committee in June. The decision is likely to be appealed by the developer.
The working party is looking for volunteers to help people understand what the Neighbourhood Plan is about, and to help with the consultation and survey forms. Find out more at melbournplan.co.uk.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 3 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 9 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing