Call out for volunteers for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A cancer charity is calling on the people of Royston to get involved in volunteering.
Macmillan Cancer Support is hoping to recruit volunteers to help fund its vital work.
Nicola Clark, Macmillan’s fundraising manager for Hertfordshire, lives in Royston.
She said “Our work is almost entirely funded by public donations so we are extremely grateful for every pound given to us.
“I would appeal for people in the Royston area to consider whether they could volunteer to help Macmillan by taking part in a public collection, joining the local fundraising group or perhaps volunteering to speak at events or cheque presentations.”
You may also want to watch:
People can volunteer in different roles depending on how much free time they have to spare.
Earlier this month, Nicola and a team of volunteers raised £560 by doing a collection at Morrisons.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 6 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 Dial M for an interesting look at the macabre
She added: “We have more collections coming up in the area so I would appeal to anyone interested in local volunteering opportunities to visit www.macmillan.org.uk to find out how to get involved.”
Alternatively you can contact the fundraising support centre on 0300 1000 200.