Call out for volunteers for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A cancer charity is calling on the people of Royston to get involved in volunteering.
Macmillan Cancer Support is hoping to recruit volunteers to help fund its vital work.
Nicola Clark, Macmillan’s fundraising manager for Hertfordshire, lives in Royston.
She said “Our work is almost entirely funded by public donations so we are extremely grateful for every pound given to us.
“I would appeal for people in the Royston area to consider whether they could volunteer to help Macmillan by taking part in a public collection, joining the local fundraising group or perhaps volunteering to speak at events or cheque presentations.”
You may also want to watch:
People can volunteer in different roles depending on how much free time they have to spare.
Earlier this month, Nicola and a team of volunteers raised £560 by doing a collection at Morrisons.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 10 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
She added: “We have more collections coming up in the area so I would appeal to anyone interested in local volunteering opportunities to visit www.macmillan.org.uk to find out how to get involved.”
Alternatively you can contact the fundraising support centre on 0300 1000 200.