Call out for volunteers for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A cancer charity is calling on the people of Royston to get involved in volunteering.
Macmillan Cancer Support is hoping to recruit volunteers to help fund its vital work.
Nicola Clark, Macmillan’s fundraising manager for Hertfordshire, lives in Royston.
She said “Our work is almost entirely funded by public donations so we are extremely grateful for every pound given to us.
“I would appeal for people in the Royston area to consider whether they could volunteer to help Macmillan by taking part in a public collection, joining the local fundraising group or perhaps volunteering to speak at events or cheque presentations.”
You may also want to watch:
People can volunteer in different roles depending on how much free time they have to spare.
Earlier this month, Nicola and a team of volunteers raised £560 by doing a collection at Morrisons.
- 1 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 10 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
She added: “We have more collections coming up in the area so I would appeal to anyone interested in local volunteering opportunities to visit www.macmillan.org.uk to find out how to get involved.”
Alternatively you can contact the fundraising support centre on 0300 1000 200.