Call out for volunteers for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A cancer charity is calling on the people of Royston to get involved in volunteering.
Macmillan Cancer Support is hoping to recruit volunteers to help fund its vital work.
Nicola Clark, Macmillan’s fundraising manager for Hertfordshire, lives in Royston.
She said “Our work is almost entirely funded by public donations so we are extremely grateful for every pound given to us.
“I would appeal for people in the Royston area to consider whether they could volunteer to help Macmillan by taking part in a public collection, joining the local fundraising group or perhaps volunteering to speak at events or cheque presentations.”
You may also want to watch:
People can volunteer in different roles depending on how much free time they have to spare.
Earlier this month, Nicola and a team of volunteers raised £560 by doing a collection at Morrisons.
- 1 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 3 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 6 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 7 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 8 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 10 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
She added: “We have more collections coming up in the area so I would appeal to anyone interested in local volunteering opportunities to visit www.macmillan.org.uk to find out how to get involved.”
Alternatively you can contact the fundraising support centre on 0300 1000 200.