Calendar Girl to reveal all at charity dinner
ONE of the original Calendar Girls is joining the Rotary Club of Royston for what promises to be a revealing charity dinner. Angela Baker and her friends hit the national headlines in 2000 when, following the death of Mrs Baker s husband, John, from non-H
ONE of the original Calendar Girls is joining the Rotary Club of Royston for what promises to be a revealing charity dinner.
Angela Baker and her friends hit the national headlines in 2000 when, following the death of Mrs Baker's husband, John, from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, they released a nude calendar featuring members of their local Women's Institute.
Their exploits were immortalised in the hit film, Calendar Girls, starring Julie Walters and Helen Mirren, and through their various projects the girls have so far raised over �2million for charity.
Mrs Baker will share stories with diners over a four-course meal at the Cambridge Motel, Shepreth, on Friday October 30 to raise funds for Leukemia Research.
You may also want to watch:
Ken Charles, from the Rotary Club of Royston said: "This is the first fundraising dinner we have held in aid of Leukaemia Research. Angela is a superbly gifted speaker and I anticipate the evening will be a real mix of emotions.
"I have come to know Angela as a gentle, caring and determined woman, who with her friends, has made a difference to the lives of those who suffer with leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma through the money they have raised over the past ten years.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 3 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
"Our dinner is a fabulous way to support the work of Leukaemia Research while at the same time enjoying yourself and meeting new people in the community," he said.
The dinner begins at 7.30pm, and tickets cost �30 per person. They can be purchased by downloading an order form from www.roystonrotary.com or by emailing Mr Charles at firstname.lastname@example.org.