Calendar girl Angela Baker is guest of honour at charity dinner
WORLD famous calendar girl Angela Baker was guest of honour at a revealing charity dinner. Organised by the Rotary Club of Royston, the dinner raised �2,200 for Leukaemia Research. Mrs Baker famously made the first Women s Institute nude calendar with a
WORLD famous calendar girl Angela Baker was guest of honour at a "revealing" charity dinner.
Organised by the Rotary Club of Royston, the dinner raised �2,200 for Leukaemia Research.
Mrs Baker famously made the first Women's Institute nude calendar with a group of her friends following the death of her husband John from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Ken Charles, from the Rotary Club of Royston, organised the dinner, which was attended by over 100 guests.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Angela was on great form and everyone sang her praises. Her speech was full of fascinating details, both sad and humorous.
"As well as raising a fantastic amount of money, the evening also helped to raise the profile of the The Calendar Girls and of Leukaemia Research's brilliant work," he said.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
All proceeds from the dinner will go directly to help Leukaemia Research improve treatments and cures for people with leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma.