Calendar girl Angela Baker is guest of honour at charity dinner
WORLD famous calendar girl Angela Baker was guest of honour at a revealing charity dinner. Organised by the Rotary Club of Royston, the dinner raised �2,200 for Leukaemia Research. Mrs Baker famously made the first Women s Institute nude calendar with a
WORLD famous calendar girl Angela Baker was guest of honour at a "revealing" charity dinner.
Organised by the Rotary Club of Royston, the dinner raised �2,200 for Leukaemia Research.
Mrs Baker famously made the first Women's Institute nude calendar with a group of her friends following the death of her husband John from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Ken Charles, from the Rotary Club of Royston, organised the dinner, which was attended by over 100 guests.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Angela was on great form and everyone sang her praises. Her speech was full of fascinating details, both sad and humorous.
"As well as raising a fantastic amount of money, the evening also helped to raise the profile of the The Calendar Girls and of Leukaemia Research's brilliant work," he said.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 4 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
All proceeds from the dinner will go directly to help Leukaemia Research improve treatments and cures for people with leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma.