Calendar girl Angela Baker is guest of honour at charity dinner
WORLD famous calendar girl Angela Baker was guest of honour at a revealing charity dinner. Organised by the Rotary Club of Royston, the dinner raised �2,200 for Leukaemia Research. Mrs Baker famously made the first Women s Institute nude calendar with a
WORLD famous calendar girl Angela Baker was guest of honour at a "revealing" charity dinner.
Organised by the Rotary Club of Royston, the dinner raised �2,200 for Leukaemia Research.
Mrs Baker famously made the first Women's Institute nude calendar with a group of her friends following the death of her husband John from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Ken Charles, from the Rotary Club of Royston, organised the dinner, which was attended by over 100 guests.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Angela was on great form and everyone sang her praises. Her speech was full of fascinating details, both sad and humorous.
"As well as raising a fantastic amount of money, the evening also helped to raise the profile of the The Calendar Girls and of Leukaemia Research's brilliant work," he said.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 4 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 5 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 8 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 9 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 10 Photographic Society plans new ventures as lockdown eases
All proceeds from the dinner will go directly to help Leukaemia Research improve treatments and cures for people with leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma.