Cake and celebration as Royston Kath reaches her 100th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A retired shop assistant from Foxton celebrated her 100th birthday in style on Monday.
Kath Haynes hosted a party in the Maycroft Care Home in Royston where she has lived since 2008.
Kath said: “The party was most enjoyable. I loved the birthday cake that was made for me by the chef.”
Relatives from Foxton, Meldreth and Melbourn got into the party spirit as they danced away to the sound of Jukebox Legends.
Kath worked as a shop assistant in Marks and Spencer and Cambridge store Laurie and McConnell. Her passions throughout her life have included reading, knitting and needle work.
You may also want to watch:
Daughter Janice Pepper, 70, from Foxton said: “It was absolutely fantastic. She loved the attention.”
Maycroft manager Lynn Ward said: “There was a real party atmosphere. The highlight was when she was given a letter from the Queen.”
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator