Cake and celebration as Royston Kath reaches her 100th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A retired shop assistant from Foxton celebrated her 100th birthday in style on Monday.
Kath Haynes hosted a party in the Maycroft Care Home in Royston where she has lived since 2008.
Kath said: “The party was most enjoyable. I loved the birthday cake that was made for me by the chef.”
Relatives from Foxton, Meldreth and Melbourn got into the party spirit as they danced away to the sound of Jukebox Legends.
Kath worked as a shop assistant in Marks and Spencer and Cambridge store Laurie and McConnell. Her passions throughout her life have included reading, knitting and needle work.
You may also want to watch:
Daughter Janice Pepper, 70, from Foxton said: “It was absolutely fantastic. She loved the attention.”
Maycroft manager Lynn Ward said: “There was a real party atmosphere. The highlight was when she was given a letter from the Queen.”
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'