Cake and celebration as Royston Kath reaches her 100th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A retired shop assistant from Foxton celebrated her 100th birthday in style on Monday.
Kath Haynes hosted a party in the Maycroft Care Home in Royston where she has lived since 2008.
Kath said: “The party was most enjoyable. I loved the birthday cake that was made for me by the chef.”
Relatives from Foxton, Meldreth and Melbourn got into the party spirit as they danced away to the sound of Jukebox Legends.
Kath worked as a shop assistant in Marks and Spencer and Cambridge store Laurie and McConnell. Her passions throughout her life have included reading, knitting and needle work.
You may also want to watch:
Daughter Janice Pepper, 70, from Foxton said: “It was absolutely fantastic. She loved the attention.”
Maycroft manager Lynn Ward said: “There was a real party atmosphere. The highlight was when she was given a letter from the Queen.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 9 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'