Cake and celebration as Royston Kath reaches her 100th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A retired shop assistant from Foxton celebrated her 100th birthday in style on Monday.
Kath Haynes hosted a party in the Maycroft Care Home in Royston where she has lived since 2008.
Kath said: “The party was most enjoyable. I loved the birthday cake that was made for me by the chef.”
Relatives from Foxton, Meldreth and Melbourn got into the party spirit as they danced away to the sound of Jukebox Legends.
Kath worked as a shop assistant in Marks and Spencer and Cambridge store Laurie and McConnell. Her passions throughout her life have included reading, knitting and needle work.
You may also want to watch:
Daughter Janice Pepper, 70, from Foxton said: “It was absolutely fantastic. She loved the attention.”
Maycroft manager Lynn Ward said: “There was a real party atmosphere. The highlight was when she was given a letter from the Queen.”
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn