CADS’ panto prop plea to Crow readers to help complete their record-breaking Royston show
- Credit: Archant
Rehearsals are well under way for the Royston Town Pantomime and tickets are selling at a record pace – but the group behind the show needs your help.
Red Riding Hood, by Corvus Amateur Drama Society, is to take place over the last two weekends in January at Meridian School – and the cast need two divan bed bases to convert into hospital beds used by the characters Reddy and Willin.
The pantomime’s director Kathy Young and musical director Louise Atkins have been working hard for weeks with a cast that includes many regular CADS members but also new faces, and a large supporting chorus of some of the area’s talented youngsters.
Tickets went on sale for the first time at the Greneway School Christmas Fair and already over half the tickets for the ever popular Saturday matinees have already been sold.
So they are calling on Crow readers to help them complete the preparations for the show being performed at Meridian School on Friday and Saturday, January 20 and 21, and the following weeeknd, January 27 and 28, with evening performances at 7.30pm and matinees on both Saturdays at 2pm.
To help out, book tickets or find out more about the whole thing see cadsroyston.org.uk or call 07925 674967.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 3 Royston crews' tribute after 'incredible' fire dog's death
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Royston museum under new management
- 6 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 7 IWM Duxford exhibition to display largest collection of Spitfires under one roof
- 8 £800,000 artificial football pitch opens at Melbourn Village College
- 9 Bronze Age hoards containing around 200 items found near Royston
- 10 Cycling club rides in memory of former member