CADS’ panto prop plea to Crow readers to help complete their record-breaking Royston show
- Credit: Archant
Rehearsals are well under way for the Royston Town Pantomime and tickets are selling at a record pace – but the group behind the show needs your help.
Red Riding Hood, by Corvus Amateur Drama Society, is to take place over the last two weekends in January at Meridian School – and the cast need two divan bed bases to convert into hospital beds used by the characters Reddy and Willin.
The pantomime’s director Kathy Young and musical director Louise Atkins have been working hard for weeks with a cast that includes many regular CADS members but also new faces, and a large supporting chorus of some of the area’s talented youngsters.
Tickets went on sale for the first time at the Greneway School Christmas Fair and already over half the tickets for the ever popular Saturday matinees have already been sold.
So they are calling on Crow readers to help them complete the preparations for the show being performed at Meridian School on Friday and Saturday, January 20 and 21, and the following weeeknd, January 27 and 28, with evening performances at 7.30pm and matinees on both Saturdays at 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
To help out, book tickets or find out more about the whole thing see cadsroyston.org.uk or call 07925 674967.
- 1 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 2 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Police force welcomes plans for council to tackle parking woes
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 9 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable