Cads look for drama awards nominees
THE Royston-based Corvus Amateur Drama Society (Cads) is looking for nominations for this year s Fred Sillence Award. Fred, who was editor of The Crow for more than a decade, was an active member of Cads. The award recognises an indivdual for their contri
THE Royston-based Corvus Amateur Drama Society (Cads) is looking for nominations for this year's Fred Sillence Award.
Fred, who was editor of The Crow for more than a decade, was an active member of Cads.
The award recognises an indivdual for their contribution to the performing arts in the past 12 months.
Nominees may participate in any aspect of the performing arts in Royston or the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
A new award is the Cads Youth Drama Award which has been set up in memory of member Lizzie Houghton.
It recognises the contribution of a young individual to drama.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Nominations (maximum 200 words) for both awards should be sent to Cads secretary, 66 Field Crescent, Royston SG8 7LB by September 20 and must include all contact details for both nominee and proposer.
Both awards will be presented during the Royston Arts Festival on September 28.