Cads look for drama awards nominees
THE Royston-based Corvus Amateur Drama Society (Cads) is looking for nominations for this year s Fred Sillence Award. Fred, who was editor of The Crow for more than a decade, was an active member of Cads. The award recognises an indivdual for their contri
THE Royston-based Corvus Amateur Drama Society (Cads) is looking for nominations for this year's Fred Sillence Award.
Fred, who was editor of The Crow for more than a decade, was an active member of Cads.
The award recognises an indivdual for their contribution to the performing arts in the past 12 months.
Nominees may participate in any aspect of the performing arts in Royston or the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
A new award is the Cads Youth Drama Award which has been set up in memory of member Lizzie Houghton.
It recognises the contribution of a young individual to drama.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Nominations (maximum 200 words) for both awards should be sent to Cads secretary, 66 Field Crescent, Royston SG8 7LB by September 20 and must include all contact details for both nominee and proposer.
Both awards will be presented during the Royston Arts Festival on September 28.