Cads look for drama awards nominees
THE Royston-based Corvus Amateur Drama Society (Cads) is looking for nominations for this year s Fred Sillence Award. Fred, who was editor of The Crow for more than a decade, was an active member of Cads. The award recognises an indivdual for their contri
THE Royston-based Corvus Amateur Drama Society (Cads) is looking for nominations for this year's Fred Sillence Award.
Fred, who was editor of The Crow for more than a decade, was an active member of Cads.
The award recognises an indivdual for their contribution to the performing arts in the past 12 months.
Nominees may participate in any aspect of the performing arts in Royston or the surrounding area.
A new award is the Cads Youth Drama Award which has been set up in memory of member Lizzie Houghton.
It recognises the contribution of a young individual to drama.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
Nominations (maximum 200 words) for both awards should be sent to Cads secretary, 66 Field Crescent, Royston SG8 7LB by September 20 and must include all contact details for both nominee and proposer.
Both awards will be presented during the Royston Arts Festival on September 28.