Cads bids for drama festival success
ROYSTON amateur dramatic society Cads has been taking part in the 74th Welwyn Drama Festival this week. The group performed a piece entitled Shakers, which is set in a 1980s cocktail bar, and follows the trials and tribulations of a group of waitresses as
ROYSTON amateur dramatic society Cads has been taking part in the 74th Welwyn Drama Festival this week.
The group performed a piece entitled Shakers, which is set in a 1980s cocktail bar, and follows the trials and tribulations of a group of waitresses as they deal with a busy Friday night.
Cast members also double up as different customers who arrive during the evening.
Cads performed the play in Royston last Saturday night, before heading off to take part in the festival.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after Saturday's show, director Debbie Rudgley said: "I'm very proud of the girls' achievements. They've had a demanding play to learn in a short time and have come up trumps.
"We're looking forward to entertaining a large audience in Welwyn this week as part of this prestigious festival.
- 1 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 5 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
"Our feedback from the Royston audience was very positive which is always encouraging."
The group is already planning its next production, which will be performed at the Royston Festival in September.
A read-through for the play - Forget-me-knot by David Tristram - will take place in the drama studio at Greneway School on Monday at 7.30pm, with auditions being held on Thursday, June 12, at the school.
For more information contact Emma Daintrey, Cads secretary, on 07811 160814, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org