Cads bids for drama festival success
ROYSTON amateur dramatic society Cads has been taking part in the 74th Welwyn Drama Festival this week. The group performed a piece entitled Shakers, which is set in a 1980s cocktail bar, and follows the trials and tribulations of a group of waitresses as
ROYSTON amateur dramatic society Cads has been taking part in the 74th Welwyn Drama Festival this week.
The group performed a piece entitled Shakers, which is set in a 1980s cocktail bar, and follows the trials and tribulations of a group of waitresses as they deal with a busy Friday night.
Cast members also double up as different customers who arrive during the evening.
Cads performed the play in Royston last Saturday night, before heading off to take part in the festival.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after Saturday's show, director Debbie Rudgley said: "I'm very proud of the girls' achievements. They've had a demanding play to learn in a short time and have come up trumps.
"We're looking forward to entertaining a large audience in Welwyn this week as part of this prestigious festival.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
"Our feedback from the Royston audience was very positive which is always encouraging."
The group is already planning its next production, which will be performed at the Royston Festival in September.
A read-through for the play - Forget-me-knot by David Tristram - will take place in the drama studio at Greneway School on Monday at 7.30pm, with auditions being held on Thursday, June 12, at the school.
For more information contact Emma Daintrey, Cads secretary, on 07811 160814, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org