Cads bids for drama festival success
ROYSTON amateur dramatic society Cads has been taking part in the 74th Welwyn Drama Festival this week. The group performed a piece entitled Shakers, which is set in a 1980s cocktail bar, and follows the trials and tribulations of a group of waitresses as
ROYSTON amateur dramatic society Cads has been taking part in the 74th Welwyn Drama Festival this week.
The group performed a piece entitled Shakers, which is set in a 1980s cocktail bar, and follows the trials and tribulations of a group of waitresses as they deal with a busy Friday night.
Cast members also double up as different customers who arrive during the evening.
Cads performed the play in Royston last Saturday night, before heading off to take part in the festival.
Speaking after Saturday's show, director Debbie Rudgley said: "I'm very proud of the girls' achievements. They've had a demanding play to learn in a short time and have come up trumps.
"We're looking forward to entertaining a large audience in Welwyn this week as part of this prestigious festival.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 7 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
"Our feedback from the Royston audience was very positive which is always encouraging."
The group is already planning its next production, which will be performed at the Royston Festival in September.
A read-through for the play - Forget-me-knot by David Tristram - will take place in the drama studio at Greneway School on Monday at 7.30pm, with auditions being held on Thursday, June 12, at the school.
For more information contact Emma Daintrey, Cads secretary, on 07811 160814, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org