Cadets flying high
BASSINGBOURN S air cadets got an unexpected chance to soar in the sun at a gliding school. Staff from 2484 (Bassingbourn) squadron were contacted after a few last minute places became available at the gliding school at RAF Henlow, Bedfordshire. Nine cadet
BASSINGBOURN'S air cadets got an unexpected chance to soar in the sun at a gliding school.
Staff from 2484 (Bassingbourn) squadron were contacted after a few last minute places became available at the gliding school at RAF Henlow, Bedfordshire.
Nine cadets were rounded up to spend the afternoon gliding in a Vigilant glider.
Cadet Holly Ashton said: "This was my first time gliding and I thought it was awesome, flying a glider was such a great experience. When the call from the Squadron came I was eating my lunch, so I finished it quickly and got changed, it was well worth it."
You may also want to watch:
Chris Cox, squadron training officer, added: "This proves the flexibility of the Squadron, thanks to the efforts of the Squadron staff, especially Ian Martin who transported the Cadets to RAF Henlow, the Cadets have been given an extra gliding opportunity
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
- 10 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'