Cadets flying high
BASSINGBOURN S air cadets got an unexpected chance to soar in the sun at a gliding school. Staff from 2484 (Bassingbourn) squadron were contacted after a few last minute places became available at the gliding school at RAF Henlow, Bedfordshire. Nine cadet
BASSINGBOURN'S air cadets got an unexpected chance to soar in the sun at a gliding school.
Staff from 2484 (Bassingbourn) squadron were contacted after a few last minute places became available at the gliding school at RAF Henlow, Bedfordshire.
Nine cadets were rounded up to spend the afternoon gliding in a Vigilant glider.
Cadet Holly Ashton said: "This was my first time gliding and I thought it was awesome, flying a glider was such a great experience. When the call from the Squadron came I was eating my lunch, so I finished it quickly and got changed, it was well worth it."
You may also want to watch:
Chris Cox, squadron training officer, added: "This proves the flexibility of the Squadron, thanks to the efforts of the Squadron staff, especially Ian Martin who transported the Cadets to RAF Henlow, the Cadets have been given an extra gliding opportunity
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued