Cadets flying high
BASSINGBOURN S air cadets got an unexpected chance to soar in the sun at a gliding school. Staff from 2484 (Bassingbourn) squadron were contacted after a few last minute places became available at the gliding school at RAF Henlow, Bedfordshire. Nine cadet
BASSINGBOURN'S air cadets got an unexpected chance to soar in the sun at a gliding school.
Staff from 2484 (Bassingbourn) squadron were contacted after a few last minute places became available at the gliding school at RAF Henlow, Bedfordshire.
Nine cadets were rounded up to spend the afternoon gliding in a Vigilant glider.
Cadet Holly Ashton said: "This was my first time gliding and I thought it was awesome, flying a glider was such a great experience. When the call from the Squadron came I was eating my lunch, so I finished it quickly and got changed, it was well worth it."
You may also want to watch:
Chris Cox, squadron training officer, added: "This proves the flexibility of the Squadron, thanks to the efforts of the Squadron staff, especially Ian Martin who transported the Cadets to RAF Henlow, the Cadets have been given an extra gliding opportunity
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton