Cadets complete four day march
- Credit: Archant
A TEAM of cadets have successfully completed a four day march.
The 2484 Bassingbourn Squadron welcome back 5 of their cadets after they successfully complete the International Four Day March held in Nijmegen Netherlands.
Flight Sergeants Ollie Stewart, Ryan Slater, Sergeant Ben Jones and Corporals Kimberley Hughes and Alex Rowson-Brown completed the four day march which is an annual event starting on the third Tuesday in July, comprising four days of walking (distances ranging from 30 to 50 km each day).
The event invites WWII allied veterans to pay tribute to their participation in the liberation of the Netherlands from German occupation.
Nijmegen is now an international event with teams from all over the world. Numbers average 40,000 participants from 30 countries.
You may also want to watch:
Cpl Kimberly Hughes said: “Nijmegen was an incredible experience, the sense of achievement as we crossed the finishing line was phenomenal.”
Sergeant Ben Jones said: “It was fantastic to be amongst so many different nationalities, as l gained an insight into the culture of the world’s armed forces.”
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 7 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 8 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
If you would like information on how to join the Air Cadets, become a member of staff or support the Flight by joining the Civilian Committee, please call to arrange a visit us at Bassingbourn Barracks or at Cambourne Sports Pavilion, Monday and Wednesday evenings between 7pm and 9pm
For further details please contact the main squadron either via the website www.2484aircadets.org, you can call during cadet hours on 01763 249156.