Cadets complete four day march
- Credit: Archant
A TEAM of cadets have successfully completed a four day march.
The 2484 Bassingbourn Squadron welcome back 5 of their cadets after they successfully complete the International Four Day March held in Nijmegen Netherlands.
Flight Sergeants Ollie Stewart, Ryan Slater, Sergeant Ben Jones and Corporals Kimberley Hughes and Alex Rowson-Brown completed the four day march which is an annual event starting on the third Tuesday in July, comprising four days of walking (distances ranging from 30 to 50 km each day).
The event invites WWII allied veterans to pay tribute to their participation in the liberation of the Netherlands from German occupation.
Nijmegen is now an international event with teams from all over the world. Numbers average 40,000 participants from 30 countries.
You may also want to watch:
Cpl Kimberly Hughes said: “Nijmegen was an incredible experience, the sense of achievement as we crossed the finishing line was phenomenal.”
Sergeant Ben Jones said: “It was fantastic to be amongst so many different nationalities, as l gained an insight into the culture of the world’s armed forces.”
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
If you would like information on how to join the Air Cadets, become a member of staff or support the Flight by joining the Civilian Committee, please call to arrange a visit us at Bassingbourn Barracks or at Cambourne Sports Pavilion, Monday and Wednesday evenings between 7pm and 9pm
For further details please contact the main squadron either via the website www.2484aircadets.org, you can call during cadet hours on 01763 249156.