Cable thieves knock out phone lines
CABLE thieves struck in Crow Country disrupting phone lines in Foxton.
Around 600m of BT cable was stolen in Royston Road, Harston, between 10.30pm on Wednesday and 6.30am the following day.
Metal inspection covers were removed by thieves so they could pull the wire from the ground.
Pc Adam Price, investigating, said: “We would like to speak to anyone saw any suspicious behaviour on this road between these times.
“There may have been lorries or vans parked beside the road because this type of vehicle would have been required.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact Pc Price at Sawston Police Station on 0345 4564564, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended