Cable thieves knock out phone lines
CABLE thieves struck in Crow Country disrupting phone lines in Foxton.
Around 600m of BT cable was stolen in Royston Road, Harston, between 10.30pm on Wednesday and 6.30am the following day.
Metal inspection covers were removed by thieves so they could pull the wire from the ground.
Pc Adam Price, investigating, said: “We would like to speak to anyone saw any suspicious behaviour on this road between these times.
“There may have been lorries or vans parked beside the road because this type of vehicle would have been required.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is urged to contact Pc Price at Sawston Police Station on 0345 4564564, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 2 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 3 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 4 5 Great Cambridgeshire places to find a Great British pie
- 5 Make Lunch Royston: Drop-ins back at vital summer holidays support scheme
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 10 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition