Cable thieves knock out phone lines
CABLE thieves struck in Crow Country disrupting phone lines in Foxton.
Around 600m of BT cable was stolen in Royston Road, Harston, between 10.30pm on Wednesday and 6.30am the following day.
Metal inspection covers were removed by thieves so they could pull the wire from the ground.
Pc Adam Price, investigating, said: “We would like to speak to anyone saw any suspicious behaviour on this road between these times.
“There may have been lorries or vans parked beside the road because this type of vehicle would have been required.”
Anyone with information is urged to contact Pc Price at Sawston Police Station on 0345 4564564, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Entrepreneur shortlisted for award after setting up business while managing chronic illness
- 3 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 4 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 5 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 6 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 7 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 8 Churches thank women who took on extra work to help run parish
- 9 Scouts stay true to the letter as Royston tradition returns
- 10 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker