By George! Scouts go on Parade
SCOUTS from Crow country were out on parade in the town at the weekend to mark St George s Day. St George is the patron saint of scouting, and Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers packed Royston parish church for a special service led by the Rev Les Harmen
SCOUTS from Crow country were out on parade in the town at the weekend to mark St George's Day.
St George is the patron saint of scouting, and Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers packed Royston parish church for a special service led by the Rev Les Harmen.
Michelle Renwick, district commissioner for Royston, said: "We were blessed with a lovely sunny day and all groups from Royston and surrounding area were in good attendance.
"It really was a sight to be proud of, as the lines of very smart children and leaders flew their flags proudly in the town."
You may also want to watch:
According to Michelle, scouting continues to go from "strength to strength" in the district, and she is appealing for more adult help so that the groups can deal with a lengthy waiting list of children.
She said: "We do have long waiting lists, which makes me feel very sad that we can't offer the opportunities which scouting gives to everyone involved.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
"We would love to hear from anyone wishing to get involved, even if it is just in a small way."
For more details, contact Michelle on 01223 207095.