Buzz in the air at Royston’s First Baby Show
- Credit: Archant
There were queues at the door for eager punters ready to sample the delights on offer at Royston’s First Baby Show on Saturday.
When organisers – birth and parenting experts, Clare Coningsby, Emma Hogg, Sammy Lewis and Jane Wallington – got together in August of last year, they never expected a town hall full of exhibitors and more than 400 visitors from as far as Stevenage.
There were 33 stalls showcasing products and services of local businesses and organisations – from hand and foot castings, to 4D scans.
Jane Wallington said: “The whole day was buzzing. We had a continuous flow of positive comments from both the visitors and exhibitors.
“Our focus was very much on the families, and having young families ourselves, we wanted everyone to be comfortable and to have a relaxing and enjoyable experience locally.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish to thank all the volunteers and everyone who has supported the event.”
Businesses and exhibitors generously contributed prizes, so the organisers decided to hold a raffle – raising more than £200 for family support charity Home-Start.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 6 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 7 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 8 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready