Buzz in the air at Royston’s First Baby Show
- Credit: Archant
There were queues at the door for eager punters ready to sample the delights on offer at Royston’s First Baby Show on Saturday.
When organisers – birth and parenting experts, Clare Coningsby, Emma Hogg, Sammy Lewis and Jane Wallington – got together in August of last year, they never expected a town hall full of exhibitors and more than 400 visitors from as far as Stevenage.
There were 33 stalls showcasing products and services of local businesses and organisations – from hand and foot castings, to 4D scans.
Jane Wallington said: “The whole day was buzzing. We had a continuous flow of positive comments from both the visitors and exhibitors.
“Our focus was very much on the families, and having young families ourselves, we wanted everyone to be comfortable and to have a relaxing and enjoyable experience locally.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish to thank all the volunteers and everyone who has supported the event.”
Businesses and exhibitors generously contributed prizes, so the organisers decided to hold a raffle – raising more than £200 for family support charity Home-Start.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton