Buzz in the air at Royston’s First Baby Show
- Credit: Archant
There were queues at the door for eager punters ready to sample the delights on offer at Royston’s First Baby Show on Saturday.
When organisers – birth and parenting experts, Clare Coningsby, Emma Hogg, Sammy Lewis and Jane Wallington – got together in August of last year, they never expected a town hall full of exhibitors and more than 400 visitors from as far as Stevenage.
There were 33 stalls showcasing products and services of local businesses and organisations – from hand and foot castings, to 4D scans.
Jane Wallington said: “The whole day was buzzing. We had a continuous flow of positive comments from both the visitors and exhibitors.
“Our focus was very much on the families, and having young families ourselves, we wanted everyone to be comfortable and to have a relaxing and enjoyable experience locally.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish to thank all the volunteers and everyone who has supported the event.”
Businesses and exhibitors generously contributed prizes, so the organisers decided to hold a raffle – raising more than £200 for family support charity Home-Start.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 9 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 10 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree