Buzz in the air at Royston’s First Baby Show
- Credit: Archant
There were queues at the door for eager punters ready to sample the delights on offer at Royston’s First Baby Show on Saturday.
When organisers – birth and parenting experts, Clare Coningsby, Emma Hogg, Sammy Lewis and Jane Wallington – got together in August of last year, they never expected a town hall full of exhibitors and more than 400 visitors from as far as Stevenage.
There were 33 stalls showcasing products and services of local businesses and organisations – from hand and foot castings, to 4D scans.
Jane Wallington said: “The whole day was buzzing. We had a continuous flow of positive comments from both the visitors and exhibitors.
“Our focus was very much on the families, and having young families ourselves, we wanted everyone to be comfortable and to have a relaxing and enjoyable experience locally.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish to thank all the volunteers and everyone who has supported the event.”
Businesses and exhibitors generously contributed prizes, so the organisers decided to hold a raffle – raising more than £200 for family support charity Home-Start.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 5 Missing teen found safe and well
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
- 8 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 9 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 10 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result