Busy times ahead for twinning association
VISITS involving all three of Royston’s twin town are scheduled for the next few weeks.
The biggest forthcoming event is the 25th anniversary of the link with La Loupe in France, when 62 people – a record number – will visit from June 2.
Over 100 twinners will then tour the Houses of Parliament on invite from Oliver Heald MP, with a civic reception also planed for the weekend.
Jane Dottridge, publicity officer, said: “I started with the association in the same year as the link with La Loupe and am really looking forward to their visit.
“As well as the London trip there will be a civic reception and a hog roast. There should be a real celebratory atmosphere.”
You may also want to watch:
Before that, today (Thursday) seven twinners are travelling to Villanueva de la Canada in Spain to celebrate the San Isidro festival. An official Royston Town Council visit will take place at the end June to finalise the link with the towns.
Also, the band from the German town Grossalmerode will play a concert in Royston Parish Church on Saturday June 28.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 3 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 4 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 5 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 6 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 7 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
Call Jane Dottridge on 01763 242902 for more details on the association.