Busy times ahead for twinning association
VISITS involving all three of Royston’s twin town are scheduled for the next few weeks.
The biggest forthcoming event is the 25th anniversary of the link with La Loupe in France, when 62 people – a record number – will visit from June 2.
Over 100 twinners will then tour the Houses of Parliament on invite from Oliver Heald MP, with a civic reception also planed for the weekend.
Jane Dottridge, publicity officer, said: “I started with the association in the same year as the link with La Loupe and am really looking forward to their visit.
“As well as the London trip there will be a civic reception and a hog roast. There should be a real celebratory atmosphere.”
You may also want to watch:
Before that, today (Thursday) seven twinners are travelling to Villanueva de la Canada in Spain to celebrate the San Isidro festival. An official Royston Town Council visit will take place at the end June to finalise the link with the towns.
Also, the band from the German town Grossalmerode will play a concert in Royston Parish Church on Saturday June 28.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 3 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
Call Jane Dottridge on 01763 242902 for more details on the association.