Busy times ahead for twinning association
VISITS involving all three of Royston’s twin town are scheduled for the next few weeks.
The biggest forthcoming event is the 25th anniversary of the link with La Loupe in France, when 62 people – a record number – will visit from June 2.
Over 100 twinners will then tour the Houses of Parliament on invite from Oliver Heald MP, with a civic reception also planed for the weekend.
Jane Dottridge, publicity officer, said: “I started with the association in the same year as the link with La Loupe and am really looking forward to their visit.
“As well as the London trip there will be a civic reception and a hog roast. There should be a real celebratory atmosphere.”
You may also want to watch:
Before that, today (Thursday) seven twinners are travelling to Villanueva de la Canada in Spain to celebrate the San Isidro festival. An official Royston Town Council visit will take place at the end June to finalise the link with the towns.
Also, the band from the German town Grossalmerode will play a concert in Royston Parish Church on Saturday June 28.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 6 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 8 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
Call Jane Dottridge on 01763 242902 for more details on the association.