Busy times ahead for twinning association
VISITS involving all three of Royston’s twin town are scheduled for the next few weeks.
The biggest forthcoming event is the 25th anniversary of the link with La Loupe in France, when 62 people – a record number – will visit from June 2.
Over 100 twinners will then tour the Houses of Parliament on invite from Oliver Heald MP, with a civic reception also planed for the weekend.
Jane Dottridge, publicity officer, said: “I started with the association in the same year as the link with La Loupe and am really looking forward to their visit.
“As well as the London trip there will be a civic reception and a hog roast. There should be a real celebratory atmosphere.”
You may also want to watch:
Before that, today (Thursday) seven twinners are travelling to Villanueva de la Canada in Spain to celebrate the San Isidro festival. An official Royston Town Council visit will take place at the end June to finalise the link with the towns.
Also, the band from the German town Grossalmerode will play a concert in Royston Parish Church on Saturday June 28.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
Call Jane Dottridge on 01763 242902 for more details on the association.