Busy time ahead for twinners
IT PROMISES to be a busy 12 months for the Royston and District Twinning Association. The association has several events planned for 2009, including a visit to German twin town Grossalmerode, and hosting visitors from French twin town La Loupe. The Grossa
IT PROMISES to be a busy 12 months for the Royston and District Twinning Association.
The association has several events planned for 2009, including a visit to German twin town Grossalmerode, and hosting visitors from French twin town La Loupe.
The Grossalmerode trip will take place during the spring bank holiday weekend, May 22-26, and there are still places available at a cost of �125, including travel by coach and ferry, accommodation, and meals with hosts.
Further details are available from Sally Jones on 01763 231433, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The La Loupe social events will include a cruise on the River Lee and a visit to the Royal Gunpowder Mills. If anyone would like to offer hospitality, contact Paul Rydon on 01763 241721, or e-mail email@example.com
The twinning association will hold a quiz night on February 28 at Royston Town Hall, at 7:30pm, and tickets cost �7 a head.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Contact Emma Covington on 01763 220283; e-mail e.covington@ntlworld,com)