Businessman meets Gordon Brown at Downing Street function
A BUSINESSMAN met Prime Minister Gordon Brown at a Downing Street reception to celebrate his firm s success. Mark Hammond, chief executive of Melbourn Scientific, was one of several business leaders recently invited to attend a Downing Street reception to
A BUSINESSMAN met Prime Minister Gordon Brown at a Downing Street reception to celebrate his firm's success.
Mark Hammond, chief executive of Melbourn Scientific, was one of several business leaders recently invited to attend a Downing Street reception to Mr Brown and Lord Mandelson, the government's business secretary.
The event was held to recognise businesses that have enjoyed success exporting to other countries during the recession.
Mr Hammond said: "Our plan over the last year has been to invest in both our staff and the latest equipment so that we can offer new services that are complimentary to the existing services."
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn Scientific, who are based in Saxon Way, Melbourn, provide analytical services to firms in pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 9 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy