Businessman meets Gordon Brown at Downing Street function
A BUSINESSMAN met Prime Minister Gordon Brown at a Downing Street reception to celebrate his firm s success. Mark Hammond, chief executive of Melbourn Scientific, was one of several business leaders recently invited to attend a Downing Street reception to
A BUSINESSMAN met Prime Minister Gordon Brown at a Downing Street reception to celebrate his firm's success.
Mark Hammond, chief executive of Melbourn Scientific, was one of several business leaders recently invited to attend a Downing Street reception to Mr Brown and Lord Mandelson, the government's business secretary.
The event was held to recognise businesses that have enjoyed success exporting to other countries during the recession.
Mr Hammond said: "Our plan over the last year has been to invest in both our staff and the latest equipment so that we can offer new services that are complimentary to the existing services."
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn Scientific, who are based in Saxon Way, Melbourn, provide analytical services to firms in pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 4 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal