Businessman meets Gordon Brown at Downing Street function
A BUSINESSMAN met Prime Minister Gordon Brown at a Downing Street reception to celebrate his firm s success. Mark Hammond, chief executive of Melbourn Scientific, was one of several business leaders recently invited to attend a Downing Street reception to
A BUSINESSMAN met Prime Minister Gordon Brown at a Downing Street reception to celebrate his firm's success.
Mark Hammond, chief executive of Melbourn Scientific, was one of several business leaders recently invited to attend a Downing Street reception to Mr Brown and Lord Mandelson, the government's business secretary.
The event was held to recognise businesses that have enjoyed success exporting to other countries during the recession.
Mr Hammond said: "Our plan over the last year has been to invest in both our staff and the latest equipment so that we can offer new services that are complimentary to the existing services."
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn Scientific, who are based in Saxon Way, Melbourn, provide analytical services to firms in pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
- 10 'It's one of the best gigs to do' - Troublemaker star Olly Murs looks ahead to his Newmarket Nights concert