Businessman meets Gordon Brown at Downing Street function
A BUSINESSMAN met Prime Minister Gordon Brown at a Downing Street reception to celebrate his firm s success. Mark Hammond, chief executive of Melbourn Scientific, was one of several business leaders recently invited to attend a Downing Street reception to
A BUSINESSMAN met Prime Minister Gordon Brown at a Downing Street reception to celebrate his firm's success.
Mark Hammond, chief executive of Melbourn Scientific, was one of several business leaders recently invited to attend a Downing Street reception to Mr Brown and Lord Mandelson, the government's business secretary.
The event was held to recognise businesses that have enjoyed success exporting to other countries during the recession.
Mr Hammond said: "Our plan over the last year has been to invest in both our staff and the latest equipment so that we can offer new services that are complimentary to the existing services."
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn Scientific, who are based in Saxon Way, Melbourn, provide analytical services to firms in pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation