Business in turmoil after lightning strikes
LIGHTNING struck a business near Royston, causing it to lose thousands of pounds in revenue. Jamie Green, owner of 1st Glass, has been picking up the pieces this week after the lightning destroyed all the electrics at the firm s offices near Arrington. He
LIGHTNING struck a business near Royston, causing it to lose thousands of pounds in revenue.
Jamie Green, owner of 1st Glass, has been picking up the pieces this week after the lightning destroyed all the electrics at the firm's offices near Arrington.
He said: "We took the direct hit last Friday in that big storm. We're in a converted barn, and it struck the metal part of the roof.
"Although it hasn't caused any damage to the exterior of the building, all the electrical cables for the phones and the computers have been totally fried.
You may also want to watch:
"It's really frustrating because it doesn't look like anything is wrong, but we've been unable to operate properly since last Friday."
Mr Green estimates that the lightning strike has cost his business �2,000 - �3,000 a day.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 5 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 6 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
- 10 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
He said: "BT is trying to get things going again, and is saying we'll be up and running again by Thursday (today) or Friday.
"But it's been a very difficult week. We've had 11 power cuts as well in the last few days so that doesn't help either.