Business in turmoil after lightning strikes
LIGHTNING struck a business near Royston, causing it to lose thousands of pounds in revenue. Jamie Green, owner of 1st Glass, has been picking up the pieces this week after the lightning destroyed all the electrics at the firm s offices near Arrington. He
LIGHTNING struck a business near Royston, causing it to lose thousands of pounds in revenue.
Jamie Green, owner of 1st Glass, has been picking up the pieces this week after the lightning destroyed all the electrics at the firm's offices near Arrington.
He said: "We took the direct hit last Friday in that big storm. We're in a converted barn, and it struck the metal part of the roof.
"Although it hasn't caused any damage to the exterior of the building, all the electrical cables for the phones and the computers have been totally fried.
You may also want to watch:
"It's really frustrating because it doesn't look like anything is wrong, but we've been unable to operate properly since last Friday."
Mr Green estimates that the lightning strike has cost his business �2,000 - �3,000 a day.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
He said: "BT is trying to get things going again, and is saying we'll be up and running again by Thursday (today) or Friday.
"But it's been a very difficult week. We've had 11 power cuts as well in the last few days so that doesn't help either.