Bus crash in Cambridge blocks road causing chaos for motorists on Wednesday evening
There is a major problem for drivers in Cambridge this evening with Park Terrace partially blocked after an accident between a bus and a car between Parker Street and St Andrew s Street. Also expect delays on the A1309 Hauxton Road, Trumpington, both way
There is a major problem for drivers in Cambridge this evening with Park Terrace partially blocked after an accident between a bus and a car between Parker Street and St Andrew's Street.
Also expect delays on the A1309 Hauxton Road, Trumpington, both ways between the M11 junction 11 and the A1301 Shelford Road through the roadworks area for the same reason on the A1307 Cambridge Road at Little Abington both ways at the junction with the A11.
The A1 (M) is running smoothly with the only warning of possible delays in both directions either side of the Hatfield Tunnel between junctions 4 and 3 because of roadworks where there is also a 40mph speed limit.
Roadworks on the M25 between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 Chorley Wood where there is a 50mph speed restriction could also cause delays during the rush hour period.
There is currently queuing traffic clockwise between junction 17 and 16 stretching back to junction 20 at Kings Langley because of an earlier broken down lorry.
On the M11 drivers should expect delays both ways between junction 8 with Stansted Airport and junction 9 Saffron Walden because of extensive roadworks and one lane is closed.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
There are reports of traffic congestion on the A414 Gascoyne Way, Hertford, around the A119 Ware Road and on the A4008 Pinner Road, Watford.
In Bedfordshire expect delays both ways between the Luton Airport Spur Road at junction 10 and junction 12 with Flitwick because of a contraflow and roadworks and southbound between junction 13 Milton Keynes and junction 12 because of a 50mph speed limit through the roadworks.
There are no problems reported on First Capital Connect or East Coast main line train services.