Bus and rail action groups set for Meldreth meetings to update community on South Cambs issues
- Credit: Archant
Transport action groups in South Cambs are set for meetings to discuss issues and update the community on their campaigns.
A meeting of the Cam Vale Bus User Group takes place tomorrow evening at 7.30pm, at the Elin Way Community Room in Meldreth.
The group is open to people living in the area covered by the 26, 27, 15, 127 and 128 buses.
On the agenda is feedback from the operator and passengers regarding the new 127/128 bus service – which connects South Cambs villages to Royston – an update on Royston and District Community Transport lifts to Meldreth railway station, and feedback from the South Cambs District Council Rural Transport Hubs meeting.
The Meldreth, Shepreth and Foxton Rail User Group meets on October 4, also at 7.30pm at the Elin Way Community Room.
You may also want to watch:
Network Rail will be attending the meeting – which is open to the public – to update the group on platform extensions at Shepreth and Meldreth, and Great Northern will be attending to respond to the group’s query about improving cycle parking at Meldreth station, and other matters.
The group is also preparing to change all the flower tubs at all three stations to weather-proof – so lots of volunteer work is going on.
- 1 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 2 Missing teen found safe and well
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
Both groups are chaired by Susan van de Ven. To find out more, go along to the groups or email email@example.com.