Burglars target Royston home while couple inside
- Credit: Archant
Burglars targeted a home in Royston yesterday evening, entering through the front door while people were inside.
Police were called shortly before 9pm to reports that three men had gone in and had searched an upstairs bedroom at the property in Kipling Road.
The victims – a man and a woman, who were uninjured – told officers the thieves then left the property and made off in an unknown direction.
It has not yet been established whether anything was taken during the incident.
Officers attended the scene, along with officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Dog Unit, and a search of the area was carried out. However, no suspects were found.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting crime reference G4/17/633.
Alternatively, visit www.contacthertspolice.uk/Report/Crime and report information online.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge