Burglars target Royston home while couple inside
- Credit: Archant
Burglars targeted a home in Royston yesterday evening, entering through the front door while people were inside.
Police were called shortly before 9pm to reports that three men had gone in and had searched an upstairs bedroom at the property in Kipling Road.
The victims – a man and a woman, who were uninjured – told officers the thieves then left the property and made off in an unknown direction.
It has not yet been established whether anything was taken during the incident.
Officers attended the scene, along with officers from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Dog Unit, and a search of the area was carried out. However, no suspects were found.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting crime reference G4/17/633.
Alternatively, visit www.contacthertspolice.uk/Report/Crime and report information online.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start